Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Another good feature MX Sport...

Posted by Detectorist 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Another good feature MX Sport...
October 03, 2016 02:35AM
It pinpoints great. Very easy. Even without pinpoint mode. Center of the cross is right on.

On the other hand, when I used the Explorer....it was very hard getting used to.

Liking it more and more...
Re: Another good feature MX Sport...
October 03, 2016 02:50AM
IN my test garden,,,that detector outshined my DST F75 on coins.

Deus would hold with it.

Blisstool even with 7x9" coil would smoke both,with 0 gain,,with turbo on-- even a max discrimination setting threshold setting of 5.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2016 02:55AM by tnsharpshooter.
October 03, 2016 09:17AM
how does it compare against those Turkish units tnss?

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
October 03, 2016 09:43AM
The Turkish units are not known for their depth. There are two reasons I have one. Separation in iron, and the stability in wet salty sand. The Racer series makes one heck of a dry sand detector because of it's ability to drop into the wet sand with ease. For a single frequency detector there is none better. The separation stories are well documented. As far as the MX Sport? I never had one and never will.
October 03, 2016 10:12AM
rustic charm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> how does it compare against those Turkish units
> tnss?

Separation is close and the Sport is deeper.
October 03, 2016 12:39PM
rustic charm Wrote:
> how does it compare against those Turkish units
> tnss?

IN my ground,,Mx Sport deeper using stock coils on all.

Daniel Tn,,picked up on this apparent mineral handling/performance in short order with the MxSport-- and I can attest to this as well.

If the relic mode was working better on the detector,,,and it weighed less--- would have been a knockout machine for the loot IMO.

I feel if some good testers would have been utilized with the MX Sport development,,,a true race horse would have resulted.
October 03, 2016 03:59PM
Yea, it does feel heavy...
October 03, 2016 04:35PM
The factory Coils on the MXS are good coils, The only that is on my mind is how will it balance with say the 13" Detech or a 15x12 for those of us who need to search a little deeper.

But saying that, The MXS is designed for water use mainly so really the balance with big Coils should not come in to it unless a person has bought it for bad weather searching, The options are limitless with such a machine but these are all thing to be considered when purchasing, I am sure that the ground cancelling abilities of the MXS are due to the factory 10" coil that comes with it because it behaves much like the SEF does.

John.
October 03, 2016 04:41PM
auminesweeper Wrote:
> The factory Coils on the MXS are good coils, The
> only that is on my mind is how will it balance
> with say the 13" Detech or a 15x12 for those of us
> who need to search a little deeper.
>
> But saying that, The MXS is designed for water use
> mainly so really the balance with big Coils should
> not come in to it unless a person has bought it
> for bad weather searching, The options are
> limitless with such a machine but these are all
> thing to be considered when purchasing, I am sure
> that the ground cancelling abilities of the MXS
> are due to the factory 10" coil that comes with it
> because it behaves much like the SEF does.
>
> John.

I'm assuming that future 3rd party manufacturers will not make the coil as heavy as the stock coil, which seems to be weighted for water use.
October 03, 2016 04:51PM
Yeah so it seems, But I really like what that stock coil does because it appears to be blind to ground minerals and yet the machine does not like salt water which is odd, because salt is a mineral, So we will still have to wait for a few months when people have had a chance to give it a good workout, But so far so good.

John.