Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

How bigs your coil?

Posted by ghound 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
How bigs your coil?
October 27, 2016 05:52PM
[youtu.be]

Jump to 11mins on this video, well feck me!
Re: How bigs your coil?
October 27, 2016 08:05PM
Lol, That's not a coil, That's a spare wheel for a Pony and Trap
October 27, 2016 08:16PM
The largest traditional looking coil i have and use is the 20'' Sierra Grande Mono coil for TDI Pro,it looks massive on the end of the detector but its also reasonably light for its size,mainly use it for 'very' deep relic/hoard hunting and it is deep for sure.

These large coils are mainly used by folks from Russia etc for deep WW2 artifacts and war related items,most are Pulse related,they can even go much bigger upto about 6ft square on a framework that is support by carrying the coil from your shoulders or even being carried by 2 folks and one has the Pulse control box,the largest traditional made coil that i am aware of is the one made for the Nexus Ultima which basically is 2 20'' coils slightly over lapping so the basic size is about 38''x20'' but i also dont think i am wrong in saying that Coiltek also produce large coils like the 40 x 20" Goldhunting Anti-Interference which is also for the GPX range of Pulse machines.

These are not your everday day coils for a quick coinshooting session in the park,but aimed at a niche market of deep cache/relic/hoard hunting,they are deep but totally useless for small finds.
October 27, 2016 08:27PM
Although I believe in using the coil that comes with unit many do well with large and small coils for special circumstances.
October 27, 2016 08:32PM
Coiltek use to make one called the UFO 1 meter X 50cm's ?
October 28, 2016 06:28AM
Largest coil I have is 1 meter X 1meter. A square frame that is carried by straps on your shoulders. Quickly takes apart for packing in and out. A pulse unit, it is only for hoard hunting...Stuart