Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What kind of finds pouch do you all use?

Posted by Detectorist 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
What kind of finds pouch do you all use?
November 02, 2016 08:07AM
My White's apron is over 20 years old and it may fall apart soon. The Garrett one looks good..
Re: What kind of finds pouch do you all use?
November 02, 2016 08:22AM
The Garrett one does me for the most part but when i am on a long detecting session say during the summer and need too carry drink and a few extra supplies i use a miltary style 'over the shoulder' as i find carrying all the scrap lead in,the around the waist pouch keeps wanting to fall down around my ankles.
November 02, 2016 09:57AM
The Garrett one is junk. I've got one I'll give you if you want it. I actually use a fine mesh finds bag bag that lets dirt fall out of the bottom and works well on land and water.

[www.ebay.com]
November 02, 2016 11:32AM
I use the Relic Elite by Omega Mill. It has separate areas for trash/good finds. PP holder, hand digger sleeve. Lots of room overall. It comes with or without a belt, mesh or solid bottom.
November 02, 2016 12:21PM
As you know i use and like the black garrett. They are being discintinued but a great pouch. Much better than their camo flavor

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2016 12:21PM by detectingMO.
November 02, 2016 12:33PM
The minelab pouch I got in 09 with the etrac is still holding up but like hanoverdigger said, water and extras are needed but no room. Have a tac pack that I take with me on the long out of the way hunts.

Did just pull up the one he spoke of and like the room. Would take a lot of what is around my belt down to one item. Still like the tac pack for the long trips for other coil rod combos, chow etc.
November 02, 2016 01:13PM
I use my right trouser pocket if its a keeper, the crap go's in my coat pocket, then the nearest bin!
The less i need to carry the better, i used to always forget something when i went for a hunt, pin pointer, spare batteries and even my digging spade a few times....
November 02, 2016 02:04PM
When I'm relic hunting or hunting old home sites, I have a carpenter's belt with harness that I wear. It is a non leather one but I use the nail bags to put my trash and finds in. There are enough compartments on that thing to carry anything I need; extra batteries, little containers to put fragile items in; toothbrush for infield cleaning. When I use the GPX, I mount the battery on the back of the belt in a camera case; it fits perfect in it.

I am looking for something to use when hunting in the water and on the beach though; especially when their is a big chance of stumbling into a hole or on a rock, and falling or having waves knock you around.
November 02, 2016 02:17PM
The leather amish-made pouch that Ralph at Sunray used to sell. It's had a about six years of usage and still going strong.
November 02, 2016 03:06PM
Detectorist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My White's apron is over 20 years old and it may
> fall apart soon. The Garrett one looks good..

Got ya covered - Signature Series Pouch
November 02, 2016 06:57PM
Bought some, built some but now I am using multi-pocket vests. Easier, better storage and my pants stay up without regular adjustments! >grinning smiley<

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
November 02, 2016 07:43PM
November 02, 2016 07:44PM
I have the Whites Jimmy Sierra one, and I like it quite a bit. It has a spot for your lesche digger, pinpointer, several pockets, and the main finds holding section has a mesh bottom so some of the loose dirt will be left in the field. Unfortunately they didn't make the belt loop part very strong and it's starting to come undone.

My backup is the leather Sunray finds pouch, and it's pretty good as well. Has a slot for the lesche digger and a couple of pockets for batteries, and your special finds in addition to the main finds pouch. It's smaller then the Whites pouch, so anything large won't fit, but it does fit a fair amount, just depends on what you consider keepers.

hh,
Brian
November 02, 2016 09:40PM
Small electricians tool pouch from Lowes as my main one; small Realtree walmart pouch for the extra good finds.
November 02, 2016 09:47PM
All about comfort. A nail bag. Very easy to clean too.
November 03, 2016 12:44AM
Carpenters nail bag, pin pointer on my belt and cargo shorts for summer hunting and go with multi pocket vest in the fall and winter HH jim tn
November 03, 2016 03:36AM
I hear if you swing a MXT you need a large wheelbarrow and a stout lad to push it around for you to haul all the goodies you dig at astounding depths.smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2016 03:37AM by silverhound.
November 03, 2016 01:09PM
I don't have any trouble with the camo Garrett pouch. Only cost me $10 and is holding up nicely. Pinpointer clips to the outside and I keep an Altoids tin with tissue paper inside for more delicate finds.
November 03, 2016 01:25PM
silverhound Wrote:
> I hear if you swing a MXT you need a large
> wheelbarrow and a stout lad to push it around for
> you to haul all the goodies you dig at astounding
> depths.smiling smiley

Bahaha. I figure there is at least one MXT out there that can do things all the others can't do. Including dig the goodies for ya.
November 03, 2016 06:48PM
Just purchased an awesome carpenters belt from lowes. Has two large bags, 2 small ones, with lots of compartments. Pictures forthcoming.
November 03, 2016 07:27PM
Looking forward to the pics Detectorist.

I'm in the market.
From what I'm finding, and to suit my needs, carpenter pouches, tactical military sling, or fishing sling/vest pack may work best for me.
November 04, 2016 03:34AM
This is what I purchased today at Lowes for $29.95

All of those pouches can be removed or rearranged. very strong nylon.
November 04, 2016 03:48AM
That's the belt I use....you can get a shoulder harness that attaches to the D rings. I've had mine approx 6-7 years and no issues with it at all.
November 04, 2016 04:10AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> That's the belt I use....you can get a shoulder
> harness that attaches to the D rings. I've had
> mine approx 6-7 years and no issues with it at
> all.

When I saw it I fell in love. For only less than $30. one gets a very functional setup. My digger fits perfectly where the hammer hangs. I didn't know abut the shoulder harness. Thanks for the heads up.