Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CUBs Win World Series!!!!

Posted by Harold,ILL. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CUBs Win World Series!!!!
November 03, 2016 04:39PM
I know off topic , But been 108 years and 54 of them for Me. Man never thought I would see one ever since they blew 84' with a 2- 0 lead. GO CUBs, 2016 World Champs!
Re: CUBs Win World Series!!!!
November 03, 2016 06:52PM
Congrats...they deserved it.

One of the best game 7's of all time.
November 03, 2016 08:31PM
I have other intrest besides detecting. Actually the baseball season came in handy this year as most My sites are closed now to Detecting. Probably getting out of Hobby soon as No fun anymore like it use to be.
November 03, 2016 10:15PM
There are quite a few old houses in my area that I would love to detect, but I have pretty much given up on the dirt hunting. I'm heading to salt water this weekend. Got my Excal and a cooler of beer and two buddies to share it with. One of my favorite trips of the year.
November 03, 2016 10:49PM
I've been a Cubs fan all of my life and them winning made my day. Even though game 7 had a lot of heart stopping moments it was by far the best World Series I've ever watched.
November 04, 2016 12:46AM
Good to see Chicago achieving top dog status in something other than violent crime!thumbs down
November 04, 2016 03:36AM
I normally would complain about the off topic...but..... IT'S ABOUT TIME !!!!!!
November 04, 2016 01:48PM
Leaving the fold Harold? You've hardly had time to Master your Nautilus.

As for the cubbies, you know since they put Lincoln on the penny the Cubs haven't won the Series until now. Perhaps now is the time to retire those zinc pennies and save us all a lot of digging.

Rich -

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.
November 04, 2016 03:23PM
I been using Nautys about 12 years off and on.
Been giving it a lot of thought lately as all close Old Spots gone. Don't like driving hours for a Wheatie. I guess that what happens when a Hobby goes to Main stream. May see a few of them on classfieds or eBay.
Lost Access -
November 07, 2016 05:24AM
I hear where you're coming from Harold. A few weekends ago I drove close to 3 hours to hunt an old home. Built 1904. Ended up also getting permission to hunt another home just 2 doors down as well, built 1905. Gained permission to hunt but struck out at both houses as the yards had been replaced. Found clad but nothing old. No old metallic trash. Nothing. Plenty of clad and zinc pennies. I was pretty disappointed after the long drive. Lone highlight was making friends with a couple of the kids that followed my treasure hunt while their mothers watched from the porch. It was a long 3 hour drive back home.

Being one who has spent the last 30 or so years knocking doors for permission to hunt, it seems that as the older generation passes on and this younger generation move into the older homes, it becomes more challenging obtaining permission. Requires more persistence on my part.

A friend and I had a tough day yesterday getting permission. Had a pretty long drive to an area hoping to get permission to hunt some old homes. Nada. Kind of a downer really. Ended up driving to another town. Found an old area of town and met a fellow out tilling his garden. Had a nice chat and acquired permission to hunt. House is one of the oldest in town and has a great history to it. My hunting buddy and I started in the front yard finding some wheaties and such when his detector went on the fritz cutting things short. The good news is the owner welcomed us to come back and pick up where we left off. After the cold start to the morning it was refreshing to meet some of the really great people out there. Made me feel a bit like that bad golf round and suddenly you hit a great shot and make the putt for eagle or birdie. You gain faith in the world again.

Anyway, hate to see you sell off those classic detectors you've acquired and hang it up. I enjoy reading about your outings.

Rich (Utah)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.
November 07, 2016 07:01PM
Detectorist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I normally would complain about the off
> topic...but..... IT'S ABOUT TIME !!!!!!

I couldn't care less about grown men getting paid to play kids games, nor do I live vicariously by wearing a shirt with someone else's mane on it.