Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher/Tek Christmas deal

Posted by Daniel Tn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fisher/Tek Christmas deal
November 29, 2016 01:29PM
I noticed that Fisher and Teknetics are offering their F75 and T2 DST model machines with a 15 inch coil for Christmas deals. Not sure if any of the other machines have any deals going on with them. They are the same price as they have been $599 for the F75. I am not a fan of the 15 inch but for those that might be, there ya go. I was looking at getting the regular F75 and ran across that. Might be better if they let you pick which coil you might want. I wouldn't mind having the F75 with stock coil and one of the elliptical coils for that price.
Re: Fisher/Tek Christmas deal
November 29, 2016 02:45PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I noticed that Fisher and Teknetics are offering
> their F75 and T2 DST model machines with a 15 inch
> coil for Christmas deals. Not sure if any of the
> other machines have any deals going on with them.
> They are the same price as they have been $599 for
> the F75. I am not a fan of the 15 inch but for
> those that might be, there ya go. I was looking
> at getting the regular F75 and ran across that.
> Might be better if they let you pick which coil
> you might want. I wouldn't mind having the F75
> with stock coil and one of the elliptical coils
> for that price.

Yeah, that boat anchor 15" coil wasn't a good seller for FT.-----They're apparently trying to unload a few of them in a Christmas package now.-----I'm with you Daniel----if they would include one of the elliptical coils in a Christmas package deal--then we would have something!-----------Del
November 29, 2016 04:37PM
Time to make the next machine that takes our hobby to a new level. Been how many years now???

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
November 29, 2016 05:10PM
I am waiting on their new model to come out.
November 29, 2016 07:56PM
Yeah they had already cut the price on 15" for under a $100 before the special. I'm sure it helps clear the large coils out as I'm pretty sure they only made those to test the large coil market. As far as the low pricing on T2 and F75 this last year, I have a feeling this may be more permanent and not a clearing out because they have already had a few backorder situations with new stock still being produced. I'm sure everyone's sales are different but there has been a complete flip in what brand is hottest from the first half of this year (Makro), to second half of the year (FT). Largely due to price change.
November 29, 2016 08:11PM
I do still really like my original no thrills green T2 which i have had for many years,still cannot see any advantage for me on any of the super update turbo models for my sites,in theory the T2 with the 5'' coil,Sharpshhoter coil and the 15x12 SEF coil is basically all i need if i just had one machine,i feel that with just these 3 coils and the T2 it would cover most of my detecting needs excluding beach detecting that is which i dont do alot of anyway.

But one of the biggest White Elephant's that FT has produced was that 15'' Boat anchor,it may be deep and have many other good attributes but the biggest single killer for it is just the sheer weight of it,they do make great door stops though as the wind will never close it with that holding it open lol
November 30, 2016 12:36AM
I have to give Kudos to Teknetics. I recently gave my 6 month old T2 Classic to my son to use relic hunting with me. I then missed it so much that I purchased a new T2 Classic. The only problem is I bought it one day BEFORE they announced their Black Friday sale with the free 15" coil and rechargeable battery set up. Needless to say I was a little miffed. I talked to my dealer who talked to his distributor and it seemed that they could not help me. I then Talked to Juan at Teknetics and he looked into it and gave me some options. Well the options did not work for me so Juan made the call to send me out the free 15" coil and battery set up! It is refreshing to have a company that will go the extra mile to keep a customer.
Yews, The 15" coil is a boat anchor but I have a ton of fields to hunt this spring and this is just what the Dr. ordered!
November 30, 2016 12:48AM
It helps considerably to turn the big white beast backwards on the shaft. I still use it regularly when relic hunting. It obviously devours ground in quick fashion.

Also, try running the coil at very low sensitivities in CL mode; it's very easy on the ears and still super deep. Try turning the sensitivity down all the way to "1" and run the coil over some multi-target trash. Note how the 'beam' seems to narrow and you have decent target separation, far better than the coil running at SENS=60, and you'll still hit targets at 8-9".

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2016 01:05AM by go-rebels.