Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Best detector for the money?

Posted by Shenandoah Digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Best detector for the money?
December 09, 2016 11:03AM
Currently Costco has the Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200 on sale in stores for $69.95, with a free pinpointer. It gets a little over 8 inches on a dime air testing, and ID's it correctly. It's a little slow in recovery speed, and the pinpointer only gets about an inch, only at the tip. I bought two of these, maybe for my grandson when he gets a little older, or to give someone who might be interested in getting into the hobby. An inexpensive way to find out if you'll like the hobby for the long haul.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2016 11:46AM by Shenandoah Digger.
Re: Best detector for the money?
December 09, 2016 03:23PM
Shenandoah Digger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Currently Costco has the Bounty Hunter Discovery
> 2200 on sale in stores for $69.95, with a free
> pinpointer. It gets a little over 8 inches on a
> dime air testing, and ID's it correctly. It's a
> little slow in recovery speed, and the pinpointer
> only gets about an inch, only at the tip. I
> bought two of these, maybe for my grandson when he
> gets a little older, or to give someone who might
> be interested in getting into the hobby. An
> inexpensive way to find out if you'll like the
> hobby for the long haul.

Sounds like a good deal & a nice thing for you to do Shenandoah.-----My wife & I bought our two grandsons Tesoro Compadres last Summer.----Could have bought a couple of these for less than half the price of one Compadre. smiling smiley-----These kids ARE the future of our hobby!------------Del
December 09, 2016 03:51PM
And the most amazing thing about that detector - selling at that price - is that it is made in El Paso Texas by First Texas Products - a proud American company which employs hundreds Americans.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
December 09, 2016 05:19PM
Be careful here! I bought one for my 10 year old grandson and took him curb strip and park hunting. I had my thousand dollar gold machine and the little rascal out hunted me!!! I can hold my own in most company, but that day not so much. Making excuses and feigning graciousness get old fast- fake news and vast conspiracies don't work here. Just know there may be some humble pie served at Christmas. Honestly I have enough trash and treasure to hold my ego together and It was worth it to see him delight in his success!

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
December 09, 2016 11:13PM
Heck Tom I get out hunted on a regular basis. Nothing new to me. I've seen hunters who get mad when someone they take finds something better than what they find. I'm just happy when I take someone and they find something neat that keeps them interested in the hobby. Of course it helps if I make a good find every now and then too. But if I had to make a living at this I'm sure I'd starve.