Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CTX 3030 Thread

Posted by Daniel Tn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CTX 3030 Thread
December 07, 2016 03:20PM
Just a heads up to those who might not frequent other forums. There is a great discussion/classroom topic going on with the CTX 3030 at the Findmall CTX forum right now. The thread is probably one of the most in depth ones I have seen in quite some time; reminiscent of how some threads used to be on this forum back in the day. I am still getting my feet wet with the CTX and have done quite a bit of arm chair reading with books and watching videos, but some of the info in that thread are things you will have to chew on for a while and let it digest. Very very good thread. It is titled odd though "Looking for a seasoned CTX user near me..." but there is a good bit of info in that thread, especially on using the CTX as a machine for hunting in iron and co locating targets with ID accuracy.

I know some of you don't care and favor other machines but I also know several of us use the CTX and like it a lot. There are some things I think it is the best detector currently on the market for the particular applications I am using it for. And some things I will be the first to tell you that it sucks at. lol It is probably my favorite modern trash coin hunting machine and is going to be a great tourist beach hunting machine too. If you learn what it is telling you, and how to set it up...based on the thread mentioned above, it can be awesome in iron sites too. I'm not on that level with it as of yet so I am soaking up all that info. For hunting Civil War relics...there are other machines that just excel in that area. That's why I have the MX Sport and TDI. smiling smiley
Re: CTX 3030 Thread
December 07, 2016 11:04PM
Will take a look Daniel.

Thanks.
December 08, 2016 01:22AM
Thanks for the heads up. I was ignoring that thread based on the title.
December 11, 2016 05:03PM
Can the 3030 be setup as an above-average relic (iron, steel) hunter? I'd ask on Findmall but... forgetaboutit...