Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nokta Fors Relic vs Makro Racer 2 (one target - disturbed)

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nokta Fors Relic vs Makro Racer 2 (one target - disturbed)
December 26, 2016 09:53PM
A buried clad dime

Depth roughly a smidge over 6"

Relic had smallest stock coil
Racer 2 has a small Racer1 coil

I noticed while checking this field (clean ground),,Deus mineral strength meter getting pretty high when bobbing coil (between 2/3rds to 3/4s shaded)
J
So I cut a plug and slipped a clad dime.

Swept with Deus with 9" coil,,,I could tell this would be a challenge by how iit report d on Deus-- not a knock your socks off signal.

Anyway,,,compared the 2 detectors in question,,,,trying both 2 tone and 3 tone.

Even experimented with imask on relic detector and isat on Racer 2.

What did I witness??

This dime where it was would be considered a fringe depth detectable target based on results.

FORS Relic detector was the clear winner,,,Racer signal more shaky.

2-tone on relic detector did give a stronger signal (sens at 65) vs 3-tone gain 99. (But not much different)

I mask setting,,,,big driver on signal quality./quantity.

At lowest Imask setting,,best signal achieved,,,at the highest Imask setting---signal gone(nothing I would dig period even on my worst day).

Racer 2,,, played with isat,,,,,,level 5 gave best signal,,,turning isat to lowest levels and highest levels--- signal gone
Levels 4,5 6 were providing good signals.

On both detectors,,disc setting raised to 5,,, no real damage to signal provided.

Folks should be reminded,,,Racer 1 coil a tad smaller vs Racer 2 stock smallest coil.

This was just one target,,,,but Imask on Nokta relic detector,,,,in mineral run that up--- you are probably kissing some fringe depth detectable targets goodbye.

Btw,,,did help a gent find an old well casing today.
Casing was broke off a few years back with bulldozer.
Gent need d to locate,,,to get the well up and running to water cattle in case we have another drought.

Used AM sens dialed up to 65,,, held coil up off the ground quite a ways,,,figuring things like nails would not be picked up,,,,turns out it worked out well.
Small coil was used too.

Cheers

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2016 10:16PM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Nokta Fors Relic vs Makro Racer 2 (one target - disturbed)
December 27, 2016 12:47AM
Here in colorado I have to deal with some pretty nasty soil 4 & 5 bar sometimes and alkali everywhere. I have been very pleased with the Relics performance over the last year. Depth and target ID has been more stable than most my other machines. I tried the racer 2 when b it first came out in my soil also but it didn't perform as well as the Relic so I let it go even though it had more options for coin hunting. CTX, CZ 5 and 6a handled this soil better so didn't need a coin hunter.
Re: Nokta Fors Relic vs Makro Racer 2 (one target - disturbed)
December 27, 2016 02:46AM
I find once you dig a target and put it back in the ground or put a new target in the ground it changes things on my Deus and racer 1

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!