Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Anyone ever try this detecting strategy??

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Anyone ever try this detecting strategy??
January 19, 2017 01:03AM
This strategy has really paid off for me,,,with limited digging.

The key is,,,site needs to be hunted at least some,,,,even by FBS detectors.

So,,what does it entail.

Due to my experience with Deus,,,I can recognize a challenged nonferrous target,,,meaning I don't dig textbook signals,,,only the signals that are challenged like reading single digits on the TID meter,,,targets that only hit 2 ways,,not 4.

Targets where coil position is extremely critical.

I really love to do this where folks that have used in particular FBS units,,,,why???

I figure all the nickel signals they dig(the ones more in the open),,,, and a lot of the can slaw out in the open,,,they didn't dig either,,so why should I.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2017 01:04AM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Anyone ever try this detecting strategy??
January 19, 2017 06:35PM
I sort of do that sometimes, when things are slow and I don't have any good place to hunt, I will detect a field and dig anything that beep, and long as it beep again so I can find it, the majority of time it's just junk or iron but everynow and then an old deep coin will pop out or relic, I'll do this a few time a year, I feel now that I have hunt long enough, it's not what I find, it how much I can get out that counts haha, not say I don't like to find nice things, I know they will come, but just being out there and taking it all in, is what it's all about
January 19, 2017 07:44PM
LOL..

Non of my WORTHY sites have textbook signals..

I have to dig nail scratches to hopefully find a iffy signal in some of my WORTHY sites...Yep I dig scratch known nail hits to hopefully expose a partial maybe good hit ..and that hit may not come right after removing the nails..it may take another year or two ..maybe one more nail removal a year form then maybe one more freeze...one more wet rain..maybe dry summer ...seriously chasing the UNKNOWN takes time and complete site understanding and soil type for site and or metal interaction...Some sites I've hinted since the 80s and still can eek out a Keeper ..I even know the rocks in there at some sites...LOL

nothing is set in stone...

I think most anyone who's beat a WORTHY site do death eventually starts chasing Spits and pops...Or if you don't the next guy willwinking smiley

Go back over there and dig that cans law too...if its a WORTHY spot.

WORTHY =Ill assure you though not site is dead,.But I can say don't wast your time killing yourself on a site that does not hold things or time period you don't want to find...For me I spend my time on Historical artifact sites yet someone else may like a chance at a Jewelry piece or 20 th century coin...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
January 19, 2017 10:41PM
Well,,,
Maybe I should clarify a bit.

This one hotel site,,,,action from the late 1800s,,,a lot of high rollers visited back in the day.

The catch is more modern events has also been held here on a regular basis (roughly 3 times a year).

So some of the targets I get tone on,,,,before I dig,,,I inspect for other possible nonferrous,,,and ferrous materials.

When sweeping,,,check how detector responds,,,how critical is coil position,,,and direction of sweep.

If based on my total investigation,,,I beleive signal is considered a challenged target by most other detectors,,,,I dig.

Have used this strategy,,,with Deus,,,Nokta CoRe and Makro Racers,, wearing OOR coils.

This area been busted hard,,,is more open,,,causes many to use stock coils and bigger.

Big mistake for them,,,evidently they have no patience.

Old house sites,,,where I know or have a pretty good idea who has been there and I even know what detector(s) they run,,,,same thing.

I try and realize their detectors weakness(es),,,and capitalize.

Yep no site with loads of iron,,,likely not hunted out.

I proved this when I found my contemporary capped bust dime,,,,been over that area(spot) countless times with some what I consider very good hunters of iron,,,but Nokta Relic came through for me.

How many more times since the day I found the fake coin,,have I been back???

Folks would laugh if I told the truth,,,but sometimes the last laugh is on guess who???

And no,,,the return trips have not brought me anything additionally worthy.

Anyone can bounce around to virgin sites,,semi virgin sites and find stuff.

The land owner to this site,,,he doesn't understand why I keep going back.

But he lets me hunt to my heart's content.

I will be going back more too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2017 10:43PM by tnsharpshooter.
January 20, 2017 04:26PM
Most of my targets are now,for a long time,broken mixed signals at best. I dig repeatable one ways.
Just clad dime yesterday but I had to really work the snot out of that target,not even a good one way,lol

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.
January 20, 2017 04:36PM
I get a bit stressed if I get a nice clean signal because I'm hoping it is going to be a killer target. But then I dig it and out pops a pull tab or some other junk target no always the case but with bad scratchy buzzy targets or iron and a mix of a something that sounds tempting...I find an old lock or gun,,,if you relic hunting just dig it all

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
January 20, 2017 06:17PM
What exactly is the strategy? It sounds like you go to hammered sites and dig the iffy signals. I think everyone does that when they don't have anywhere better to hunt. I consider it more a lack of options than a strategy.
January 20, 2017 07:00PM
What exactly is the strategy? It sounds like you go to hammered sites and dig the iffy signals. I think everyone does that when they don't have anywhere better to hunt. I consider it more a lack of options than a strategy.

I would echo that but in a way that does make sense..sometimes you bring out a different detector wait for a nice rain to wake up the iron and you gut the area...hard work but to find the hidden relics you have to work hard at this hobby and have a good machine....The other thing is depth sometimes an area has been cleaned out but deep targets still remain. So give me a machine with some extra and I may dig more bad iffy targets but some hidden gems also...Take about six inches of dirt off an area you hunt that has produced and it may come alive again...that happened to me and I hunted for months and recovered so many old coins and buttons...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
January 20, 2017 07:51PM
I've used this kind of tactic with a fair amount of success with my Racers. It's been a bit site specific for me. One old park like site that I've detected to death it worked out very well, found a lot of old coins my other machines couldn't even hear. Yet at other sites all I dug was junk, both ferrous and non-ferrous. I guess one could argue that's a partial success on the non-ferrous targets, but they're all been things like drops of lead, broken/rotted bullet casings, bits of broken harmonica reeds, etc. I don't really care about those kind of targets, so I suppose it depends on how you measure success drinking smiley
January 20, 2017 10:06PM
Bayard Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What exactly is the strategy? It sounds like you
> go to hammered sites and dig the iffy signals. I
> think everyone does that when they don't have anyw
> here better to hunt. I consider it more a lack of
> options than a strategy.

Okay,
This strategy I'm referring to,,,works where site is both older and also has seen modern activity as well.

A person does gamble,,,probably not the best if after gold.

But for coins and maybe silver jewelry,,,better.

So an older site with some modern trash,,,if the site has been hunted by lesser performing detectors,,,,like depth,,,and or separation.

So when you go in there,,,you fully suspect,,,on targets laying out in the open at shallow to mid depths-- these not worthy.

Or you get a hit with say a Deus,,,,and upon studying target you realize the target is likely challenged by how the Deus responds,,,and you further investigate the suspect targets surroundings,,,like nails,,big iron,,etc.

These targets have a higher likelihood of never ever being detected before,,,they are more hidden.

Now,,if a person suspects say FBS detector has been there,,,,the stand alone targets (seemingly no ferrous near ),,, you assume that target say using Deus where higher TID numbers are coming in,,,,,likely can slaw or other above average conductive junk target.

A person hunting even behind themselves can do this too,,,,,but a person need to realize each of their detectors strengths and weaknesses.

I feel many people hunt sites that have been hunted before,,,and even some times during the detection process,,,,even if we don't know for sure,,,we can start to draw a pretty good conclusion,,,based on types of targets found,,depth,,,and actual detecting scenario of targets discovered.

Btw,,the term iffy target,,,this term not a concrete term,,,it is detector dependent.

Iffy target using Deus,,,the same target using another detector,,,,may not even exist (in an iffy condition/status).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2017 10:13PM by tnsharpshooter.
January 21, 2017 02:12AM
TNSS........ I refer to these targets as "handicapped" targets..... or co-locate. The basis/premise of this forum is nearly 'dedicated' to exactly this. And you are exactly right......... what target may be handicapped to one detector....... may be a cherry-picker to another detector. This is one value-added technological advancement attribute that must be 'captured'....... understood....... harnessed....... and expounded upon. To go where no man has gone before.......... errrrr........... to go where every detectorist has gone before.

* I truly enjoy hunting a new site.
* I truly enjoy hunting a dead site.
January 21, 2017 02:41AM
Some folks do put you tube video links here,,,one thing though seems is missing.....

Where are the you tube videos showing someone digging some of these iffy or challenged targets???
If I had a camera,,and had a fast enough internet connection and knew how to edit video,,,I'd sure put some on here.

I do try and describe using words,,,not the easiest thing to do.

Would be nice to see.

And sure,,,I'm sure some of the targets recovered would be iron or nails.
January 21, 2017 03:00AM
Good luck on capturing the REAL Co-Locates on film..

Ive tried...its not doable...

what I hear and want to dig the camera audio does not offer the subtleties..

a forced nail false and a clean click or spit sounds the same on the camera..I've tried for years to capture that nuance .Haven't yet..

Ive listened to those nuances for decades and they jump out in my ears but to relisten to them in a video its not the same ..no intelligence factor..All noise..

The ones I did upload..I got feedback like wow that's a nightmare..That's painful to watch ...LOL..so I deleted them..no learning value..

Yes Toms Right this whole website is what your talking about .

Use the search funtion great info on this thing we erroneously call unmasking..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
January 21, 2017 03:18AM
So cameras,,as far as capturing audio,,,,haven't gotten any better over the years???

And btw,,I don't see many folks actually talking about passing up good sounding targets,,,,like I stated,,,and the reasons why I do.

I'm sure a lot of folks here do hunt sites that have been pounded,,,and are both older and with modern history too.

Never really seen anyone else talk about this,,,maybe I'm wrong.

Meaning not like I'm repeating anything,,at least something said here more recent.

Besides,,I consider this a great way to mange detecting time,,,and maybe still make a worthy find or two.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2017 03:22AM by tnsharpshooter.
January 21, 2017 03:34AM
The video has gotten a ton better but the audio has stayed stagnant I have found..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
January 21, 2017 03:41AM
I have a nephew,,,he has a camera,,,and a good internet setup speed wise.

I may try to do,,,since I have 2 Deus units,,,,will try to use 2 actual headset modules,,,,one for my ears,,,and one for the camera.

Won't show entire hunt,,,just targets that are I think challenged and or iffy.

Some of the newer Deus users may find useful,,at the very least.

Need to talk to nephew and hopefully wok something out.

He does work long hours,,,may not be doable.

May have to break down and buy my own,,,and get smarter with video and video edit.

If I would have had camera over the last 3 years,,,and would have videoed some select targets,,,,,would be eye opening for many,,especially newer folks.
It was for me.