Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

HERE IS MY STUPID QUESTION, FLAME AWAY!

Posted by choppadude 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
HERE IS MY STUPID QUESTION, FLAME AWAY!
February 07, 2017 01:10AM
Question:

If you push away members who are willing to share their views and experience what are you left with?
Already know this answer, you end up with a bunch of people who are afraid to post for fear they will get criticized and then they leave. Sooner ort later all that is left is those who criticize and have no audience to play to.
I will be spending my time on forums that welcome learning and teaching.
Re: HERE IS MY STUPID QUESTION, FLAME AWAY!
February 07, 2017 01:49AM
I think some folks on this forum are experiencing a severe case of cabin fever, just another case of the wintertime blues. Me ...I could care less what is thought of me on this forum... after all this is just the internet...LOL
February 07, 2017 02:10AM
choppadude Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Question:
>
> If you push away members who are willing to share
> their views and experience what are you left with?

Ummm = a bunch of sniveling crybabies asking questions like the above pertaining to those with a LACK of experience??

Oh oh wait! I know, I know!

A bunch of guys happy to see the self-centered ego trippin wannabe know it all types that have all the newbies fooled into believing how great they are, go!?
February 07, 2017 02:10AM
Yes. Statistically ....... I have seen/witnessed this EVERY YEAR.... for the past 10 years on this forum. I do not like it; yet, I understand/accept it.
Fact: There are particular forum members that post more than others...some rarely post at all...that's fine, of course. And many post some rather interesting stuff that is appreciated by most forum members. There have been and are currently a few who post a lot regarding many topics often unrelated and frankly obscure topics at times in my opinion...like many say, just don't read it if you don't want to...whatever. Personally, I agree that some post too much like this and it does get a bit annoying. And some of us choose to call those people out on occasion which some don't like feeling it's too aggressive or like we have some problem. Private messages are probably the way to begin the issue discussion before letting loose in front of every body but...Ok, maybe it's too much like the forum police for some but some form of self oversight is not bad.

This is a great forum since it was started. Learning and teaching are surely freely expressed on here without concern. Tom has generously kept this forum going for all these years along with many great members...and not to forget and thank Wally too. I have never seen it where people are afraid to post on this forum. Surely Mr. Kemper caused a big stir for a long time which I called out in the very beginning and got a lot of flack for it but in the end most of us know what happened...I too don't care what people think since I was just trying to protect the long time integrity of this forum and show respect for Tom to avoid the circus environment that clown purposely created like many seem to do on the anonymous internet these days.

Sure, it may seem like cabin fever or wintertime blues to some, but I feel it's not that since I was thinking the same thing...never personally trying to be purposely mean or the like...there is just a nice balance, that's all, if that makes any sense...JMHO...peace.
February 07, 2017 02:41AM
MichiganRelicHunter Wrote:
> choppadude Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Question:
> >
> > If you push away members who are willing to shar
> e
> > their views and experience what are you left wit
> h?
>
>
> Ummm = a bunch of sniveling crybabies asking quest
> ions like the above pertaining to those with a LAC
> K of experience??
>
> Oh oh wait! I know, I know!
>
> A bunch of guys happy to see the self-centered ego
> trippin wannabe know it all types that have all th
> e newbies fooled into believing how great they are
> , go!?

Seems you have the market cornered on the "Ego Trippin" your arm must be pretty darn tired from patting yourself on the back. Thank god you single handedly "saved" this forum.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2017 11:34AM by wildwally1.
February 07, 2017 02:46AM
choppadude Wrote:
> MichiganRelicHunter Wrote:
> -----
> > choppadude Wrote:
> > ------------------------------------------------
> --
> > -----
> > > Question:
> > >
> > > If you push away members who are willing to sh
> ar
> > e
> > > their views and experience what are you left w
> it
> > h?
> >
> >
> > Ummm = a bunch of sniveling crybabies asking que
> st
> > ions like the above pertaining to those with a L
> AC
> > K of experience??
> >
> > Oh oh wait! I know, I know!
> >
> > A bunch of guys happy to see the self-centered e
> go
> > trippin wannabe know it all types that have all
> th
> > e newbies fooled into believing how great they a
> re
> > , go!?
>
>
> Seems you have the market cornered on the "Ego Tr
> ippin" your arm must be pretty darn tired from pa
> tting yourself on the back. Thank god you single
> handedly "saved" this forum.

Heheh thanks and = same to you my friend grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2017 11:34AM by wildwally1.
February 07, 2017 02:54AM
I was rather pissed off when one post called another poster names, we are adults here and cabin fever is not an excuse for bad behavior, my 2 cents..remember there are real people behind all these keyboards. Maybe it was a sense of humor not sure.
February 07, 2017 03:08AM
What did I miss? Who's pushing people away? On occasion someone gets their dander up or gets riled, but I haven't read anything malicious or mean lately. Scratching my head here.
February 07, 2017 03:20AM
ozzie Wrote:
> What did I miss? Who's pushing people away? On occ
> asion someone gets their dander up or gets riled,
> but I haven't read anything malicious or mean late
> ly. Scratching my head here.

There is nothing to see here folks...just someone's tit got caught in a wringer...lol
February 07, 2017 03:32AM
yup a few boobs here lolspinning smiley sticking its tongue out
February 07, 2017 12:01PM
Hombre Wrote:
> ozzie Wrote:
> -----
> > What did I miss? Who's pushing people away? On o
> cc
> > asion someone gets their dander up or gets riled
> ,
> > but I haven't read anything malicious or mean la
> te
> > ly. Scratching my head here.
>
> There is nothing to see here folks...just someone'
> s tit got caught in a wringer...lol

I say things like that to younger people and they give me a strange look because they don't know what hell I'm talking about.

tabman
February 07, 2017 05:49PM
Hombre and Tabman
That brings back old memories from wash day on the back porch---Mama always warned: Don't get caught in the wringer.
February 07, 2017 07:02PM
Soo..... Do any of you guys mind if I stay and hang out for a bit? I still have a ton of reading to do! I might even post a little bit of my nonsense for you all to get frustrated about. But I'm probably not going to leave unless you throw me out!

Now that we got that cleared up, have a good day fellas!

Seth
February 07, 2017 07:24PM
I gotta say I am a bit lost on this topic. I am a member of about a dozen or so forums, web master of our MD club site and this is still the first place I go everyday to feed my addiction to MDing. I filter out content I am not interested in and move on. I have been taught that you feed what you want to grow and starve what you want to die. If a post is negative don't keep it going, let it cycle off empty. I know its hard to let somethings go unopposed, but we all choose to make things better or worse. Even a bird brain learns to not soil his own nest (sorry, preacher ya know...) ;-)

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
February 07, 2017 07:28PM
Cabin Fever is no excuse for civility to go out the window!! angry smiley
February 07, 2017 08:19PM
I have seen much much worse on some other "friendly" forums. I don't post much, unless I have found something I feel is cool or significant or really feel my comments are relative. But I follow, and I check in and lurk quite a bit. I will say there are a (very)few posters who I just don't click on their topics
February 07, 2017 09:36PM
I always thought of this forum as the most serious forum and most informative, I hope that it stays that way.
February 08, 2017 12:01AM
doc holiday Wrote:
> Hombre and Tabman
> That brings back old memories from wash day on t
> he back porch---Mama always warned: Don't get caug
> ht in the wringer.

When I was around 5 years old my mama warned me time and time again for me not to get near or touch the wringer. I kept touching it with my finger ever chance that I got and one day it grabbed a hold of me and it had me up to my armpit before my parents were able to get to the safety release handle to free my arm. Luckily it didn't do any harm to me and my parents were so relieved that it didn't that they didn't even whoop my butt. They looked like a pair of track hurdlers when they came flying across the yard and jumped on the back porch. There are certain things that you just don't forget and this is one of them.

tabman
February 08, 2017 12:53AM
MichiganRelicHunter Wrote:
> choppadude Wrote:
> -----
> > Question:
> >
> > If you push away members who are willing to shar
> e
> > their views and experience what are you left wit
> h?
>
>
> Ummm = a bunch of sniveling crybabies asking quest
> ions like the above pertaining to those with a LAC
> K of experience??
>
> Oh oh wait! I know, I know!
>
> A bunch of guys happy to see the self-centered ego
> trippin wannabe know it all types that have all th
> e newbies fooled into believing how great they are
> , go!?

Michigan, how would you handle it if you were the victim of a bully? I myself have enjoyed your videos and posts. But no more lm afraid, now that I know who's behind the camera.