Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Teknetics T2 Classic ($499) & Fisher F-75 ($599)

Posted by D&P-OR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Teknetics T2 Classic ($499) & Fisher F-75 ($599)
February 22, 2017 12:04AM
Does this $599 F-75 have "built in" DST as does the $499 T2 Classic?-----Is this F-75 as quiet running/stable as the T2 Classic?----I know the T2 has a FE range of 40 & the F-75 an FE range of 15 and the "feature set" is some different on these two detectors.----But---as to ACTUAL PERFORMANCE--what are the DIFFERENCE(s) in these two detectors--on relics--on coins?--------Thanks------------Del

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2017 12:06AM by D&P-OR.
Re: Teknetics T2 Classic ($499) & Fisher F-75 ($599)
February 22, 2017 12:42AM
Yes just as quiet Del..

They both Use DST..

To me the The T2-C. seems old school ZIP feel Plus Quiet...the F75 seemed sort of DST feel..unless you used the Je mode when compared to the T2-C.

In other words there both quiet but the T2-C. Seemed like it was everything the original was except Noisy..

I thought you bought a T2-C. already Del??

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
February 22, 2017 01:01AM
I second what Keith said about the T2. Imagine the depth of a T2 rolled into the quietness of a Tesoro silent search machine with target ID to boot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2017 01:02AM by 88junior.
February 22, 2017 01:11AM
Never used a F75 so cannot given any opinion really,but i do own and use a original green T2 for nearly 10 years and for many of those years it was the No1 machine of choice,i still cannot see any real advantage that makes me want to upgrade to any of the later models,on my pasture and ploughed and rolled sites here in the UK i have little or no EMI issues,so hence the reason i have never needed the upgrade to the DST variation.

In recent years the Deus has taken the top crown as the main detector with the T2 and Nexus MP as backup machines,but the T2 has the super little 5'' coil on it most of the time for trashy roman/saxon sites and still the No1 machine/coil combinations for those sites in my mind.
February 22, 2017 01:41AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
Yes just as quiet Del..
>
> They both Use DST..
>
> To me the The T2-C. seems old school ZIP feel Plus
> Quiet...the F75 seemed sort of DST feel..unless yo
> u used the Je mode when compared to the T2-C.
>
> In other words there both quiet but the T2-C. Seem
> ed like it was everything the original was except
> Noisy..
>
> I thought you bought a T2-C. already Del??
>
> Keith

Thanks for the responses thus far guys--appreciate it.-------Yes Keith, I did just the other day take delivery of a T2 Classic from Richard.-----My wife & I had it on one hunt so far (in a town park)--it ran quiet there & hit the targets well (coins) & at respectable depth.----I just got curious about the T2 versus F-75 and if there would be a reason to have both of them--not that I'm flushed with money!winking smiley------Keith, after I posted this--I come onto your video where you were showing/testing this F-75 (85th anniversary).-----You showed in that video how you could turn DST off & on (9.0 & 9.1).------You can't do that with the T2 Classic can you? (it doesn't have that feature).-------If it does, I'm missing seeing it in the manual (or when testing the detector).-----DST is on all the time with the T2 Classic unlike the F-75 setting/choice (on or off)-----right?-----------Del
February 22, 2017 03:45AM
O ok..Del..

Money bags I see!!

The DST on the F75 can be toggled but when it's off it's still there it's just less...

The T2 seems to really be less than the off mode of the F75...

the T2 is 9.0 only the F75 is 9.0 or 9.1 ...

But as far as it equal goes I found the T2 to be closer to original old t2 performance than F75 compared to original F75 performance when off is used...

I'm wondering if the T2-C. is only using like 50% DST???VS the F75 that's 100% or about say 75%...ON/Off

also worth noting is the T2 has no options like the T2 s.e. DST model..no F.A. mode or no Iron tone volume...Yet the F75 still has those added options on the standard F75 now....SO there's more to it than we know....

I know on a 10" deep dime in my soil the F75 likes to call it 00 on meter....Yet the T2 on same dime 10 inch dime...it's gives a numeric reading of like upper 80s...

This is one reason I've really taken to the T2-C. is old school zip with No noise...and by no noise I can hear all the little ticks and spits and pops deep down in the audio that usually gets burried in the NOISE...I actually hear more with this one than the old one....Get your ears tuned in and you can hear in H.D. instead of like trying to D.X on an old radio ..trying to hear a faint station in the static...

Its the best bang for the buck going right now...and the user skill level with a Hi-Po machine like this can pretty much compete with anyone on any level...

P.S.

one other thing...

I don't believe the T2-C. is actually advertised as DST..

the F75 Standard is advertised as DST..

Now I wonder if the T2-C. maybe is quieted down some other way??????HMMMMMMMMM???No DST Maybe...would explain alot..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2017 04:58AM by Keith Southern.
February 22, 2017 07:22AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> O ok..Del..
>
> Money bags I see!!
>
> The DST on the F75 can be toggled but when it's of
> f it's still there it's just less...
>
> The T2 seems to really be less than the off mode o
> f the F75...
>
> the T2 is 9.0 only the F75 is 9.0 or 9.1 ...
>
> But as far as it equal goes I found the T2 to be c
> loser to original old t2 performance than F75 com
> pared to original F75 performance when off is used
> ...
>
> I'm wondering if the T2-C. is only using like 50%
> DST???VS the F75 that's 100% or about say 75%...ON
> /Off
>
> also worth noting is the T2 has no options like th
> e T2 s.e. DST model..no F.A. mode or no Iron tone
> volume...Yet the F75 still has those added options
> on the standard F75 now....SO there's more to it t
> han we know....
>
> I know on a 10" deep dime in my soil the F75 like
> s to call it 00 on meter....Yet the T2 on same dim
> e 10 inch dime...it's gives a numeric reading of l
> ike upper 80s...
>
> This is one reason I've really taken to the T2-C.
> is old school zip with No noise...and by no noise
> I can hear all the little ticks and spits and pops
> deep down in the audio that usually gets burried i
> n the NOISE...I actually hear more with this one
> than the old one....Get your ears tuned in and you
> can hear in H.D. instead of like trying to D.X o
> n an old radio ..trying to hear a faint station in
> the static...
>
> Its the best bang for the buck going right now...a
> nd the user skill level with a Hi-Po machine like
> this can pretty much compete with anyone on any le
> vel...
>
> P.S.
>
> one other thing...
>
> I don't believe the T2-C. is actually advertised a
> s DST..
>
> the F75 Standard is advertised as DST..
>
> Now I wonder if the T2-C. maybe is quieted down so
> me other way??????HMMMMMMMMM???No DST Maybe...woul
> d explain alot..
>
>
>
> Keith

Well, I dunno Keith---but I'm just glad we got guys like you and Wayne (MRH) and Morgan (88 junior)--just to name a few.----You guys make us aware of certain things & we get to reap the benefits!thumbs down (in this case the T2 Classic).----I think this machine is going to make a great "compliment" to our F-19's!-----My wife & I both got T2C's and then we got the Sharpshooter & FT 5" DD coils coming for them.----I don't think we will be sorry on these purchases.--------Del
February 22, 2017 11:19AM
Del if you love your F19 I think you will be very happy with the T2 Classic it's as quite as a F19 but with more depth. In iron infested sites I would say they're about equal in separation speed with the T2 having the NEL Sharpshooter on it of course.
February 22, 2017 02:52PM
88junior Wrote:
> Del if you love your F19 I think you will be very
> happy with the T2 Classic it's as quite as a F19 b
> ut with more depth. In iron infested sites I would
> say they're about equal in separation speed with t
> he T2 having the NEL Sharpshooter on it of course.

Thanks Morgan-----Yeah, on coils for both those detectors---we got the 11" (the one you & I loooove those new style coil cover for)winking smiley & Sharpshooters.----Then we got Snake & 13" Ultimate coils for the F-19.----We got 5" DD coils coming for the T2C.----I figure the Snake coil on the F-19 & 5" on the T2C will give a little different "slant" in hunting trash (at least I hope so).-----My neighbor told me "You're always testing coils"----I had to admit it---I'm a coil junky! smiling smiley------------Del
February 22, 2017 03:11PM
Del the 5" DD coil for the T2 will be my next purchase. Also please remember in order to get max depth out of the T2 it requires a brisk sweep speed. Tell us what you think about the T2 once you get a little time on it. Later Morgan
February 22, 2017 03:17PM
88junior Wrote:
> Del the 5" DD coil for the T2 will be my next purc
> hase. Also please remember in order to get max dep
> th out of the T2 it requires a brisk sweep speed.
> Tell us what you think about the T2 once you get a
> little time on it. Later Morgan

Will do Morgan.----I keep forgetting to say this: I got the 12/16 production date T2C's.----I guess that's the last batch of them produced.--------Del
February 22, 2017 05:48PM
"not that I'm flushed with money!"

come on Del, fess up, you know you're buying all these machines with all the quarters you guys find....

btw, I was able to get the Z-lynk and NEL sharpshooter for my G2+ and so far really like both....

Kudo's to Garrett for finally producing a well-made, easy to use wireless setup!

and I don't have the 30 minute timeout issue as (1?) person reported...

I'm using it with my Sennheiser HD555 headphones (audiophile quality with a single heavy duty cord) and the setup is superb....

along with my 6 AA rechargable battery pack I installed I'm good to go for the season....stupendous battery life! and when they do finally
give out I pop in a 9v I carry along (for the Garrett AT pinpointer also) and am good to continue....

I like the NEL so far, it hits real hard.....will take some time to acclimate though....

cheers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2017 05:49PM by canslawhero.