Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Coil covers

Posted by D&P-OR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Coil covers
February 22, 2017 04:00AM
This might not seem like a big deal to some but it "bugs" me.-------On the FT 11" bi-axial coils--the old coil covers that FT had for them "sort of" fit what with all those ribs.----There was gaps in the top of the covers when it was on the coil & got a lot of sand & dirt in them between the cover & coil--but at least you could get them on--and you could get them off although sometimes you would crack/break them when you took them off for cleaning, etc.-----Well on these new style FT 11" bi-axial coil covers with those locking tabs----man--I can't even get 'em off the coils because of those locking tabs.----Is anybody else having fits with them about removal--or am I just not holding my mouth right??angry smiley-----And to top it off, they are expensive coil covers.-------I don't even use coil covers on some of my coils and I think I am just going to go back to no coil covers on these coils with either spraying the bottoms with a non-metal P.U. bedliner spray---either that or nothing on them.-----The last option: take me a hack saw & cut those stinkin tabs off!thumbs down--------------Del
Re: Coil covers
February 22, 2017 11:29AM
I took a Dremel tool with a cut off wheel to the tabs on mine Del. They are a real pain in the buttocks to get off. I had to hold my tongue the first time I tried it cause my kids were around. LOL
February 22, 2017 05:12PM
Coil covers...guaranteed 1/8" loss of depth.
February 22, 2017 09:12PM
Yeah I know Craig but I'd rather give up an 1/8th" instead of my hard earned money for a new coil!! winking smiley
February 22, 2017 09:39PM
88junior Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah I know Craig but I'd rather give up an 1/8th"
> instead of my hard earned money for a new coil!! ;
> )

Very true. Everyone's ground and hunting style/time is different.

I use them if they come with the coil. I don't use them if they don't. My terrain and lack of hunt time is nice to my coils though.
February 22, 2017 09:50PM
Well, I know one thing.----I'm gonna cut the balls off---uhhh---I MEAN the tabs off that 11" coil!!!!angry smiley
February 22, 2017 09:59PM
Del, Fix them up with a ribbon like the battery compartments have. You know what I'm talking about? That little cloth ribbon that goes behind the batteries to help you remove them?

Put one heel to toe with enough overlap to get a hold on. Grab hold the heel with one hand so you don't pull the ribbon clean out, and pull the top against the cover and peel it right off.

HH
Mike
February 24, 2017 03:04AM
Awesome idea Mike H.thumbs down

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.