Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Which is better in iron: T2 or Bandido II uMax ?

Posted by Detectorist 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Which is better in iron: T2 or Bandido II uMax ?
February 25, 2017 10:35PM
Just curious..
Re: Which is better in iron: T2 or Bandido II uMax ?
February 25, 2017 11:41PM
I would have to say I have both and the T2 would be my pick in thick iron. The Bandido II Umax is a good machine don't get me wrong but it's not a thick iron hunter.
February 26, 2017 04:03AM
Double post

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2017 04:05AM by supertraq.
February 26, 2017 04:04AM
T2 is in my opinion much better,I had a bandido 2 umax for yrs back in the 90's and it's a sweet machine but the T2 is much faster and adjustable for sites.

February 26, 2017 01:55PM
Which is better in iron, the T2 or Bandido II µMAX? I have owned several of both models. In iron I use smaller-size coils. I really like the T2 'Classic' w/5" DD coil, and I also like my Bandido II microMAX w/6" Concentric coil. To me it really got to be a toss-up because it depends on the type of iron you are dealing with and the density of the iron at a site. There were times I'd grab one and times I'd get hold of the other. And if I felt a site had ample potential for desired 'keepers' then I would use BOTH of them, since I believe one can complement the other.

Matter-of-fact, I still do! The only difference is that the Nokta FORS CoRe bumped the T2 'Classic's, and a couple more, from my detector line-up, simply because of the in-the-field performance at the very ugly iron infested sites I hunt. The FORS Relic joined the CoRe last year because the 19 kHz behavior, plus the Iron Audio Volume and Tone Break, were added features that work well for me as I like to keep the Disc. low and hear a lot of iron targets such as nails. Today I rely on both the Relic and CoRe, plus the Impact ... as well as ... the Tesoro performance I get from my Bandido II µMAX w/6" Concentric, or Vaquero w/6" Concentric or the new Mojave w/7" Concentric.

All of these models, and the T2's, are what I consider to be top-end detectors for hunting iron nail infestations and other iron contaminated sites. All of them work well, but all of them can work slightly differently, so it wouldn't hurt for anyone to pair-up a good digital-circuitry, iron-handling model that has Target ID and Tone ID with a favorite Tesoro analog model. Smaller coils also need to be worked on the far-end of all those detectors chosen.

Which is better in iron, the T2 or Bandido II µMAX? That's kind of like: Which is better in the hot summer sun, a Diet Dr. Pepper Float or a Diet Coke Float (for us diabetics we can get part of the mixture right)? They are both good choices, as would be a Root Beer Float, etc., as they all serve the same purpose and can accomplish the same refreshing task, so it's mainly a matter of personal preference.

The T2 and Bandido II µMAX are a little different, but both can do well at the task. Take one or the other out of the equation and replace it with something like an White's XLT or DFX or a Garrett GTI-2500 or a Fisher 1260X to handle iron nails, and that would be like replacing either of the float beverages with a Warm Water Float. Just not the right tool or the right drink.

Monte
February 26, 2017 02:25PM
I agree with Monte here. I don't have a T2 but have the Relic, F75 and Deus for iron work but always take a good Tesoro like the Tejon, Vaquero or Mojave with me for use of the 5.75 or 7in concentric coils for heavy iron laden sites. Yesterday I was at an old railroad camp with the Relic and Mojave. All of them perform different and one over the other on certain days can light a site up. Yesterday for instance j didn't even take the Relic out of the truck. Was having a blast with the Mojave and it works extremely well in the iron.
February 26, 2017 05:30PM
Monte I have the T2 Classic and Tesoro Bandido II big box and now a Mojave so I am pretty well covered on hunting iron infested sites. I think each has their perks and disadvantages but I mainly grab the T2 Classic for its audio and depth advantages over the other two.
February 26, 2017 05:42PM
88junior
Monte I have the T2 Classic and Tesoro Bandido II big box and now a Mojave so I am pretty well covered on hunting iron infested sites. I think each has their perks and disadvantages but I mainly grab the T2 Classic for its audio and depth advantages over the other two.
The T2, like the FORS CoRe, FORS Relic, Impact and a few other very versatile multi-purpose detectors, can definitely get better depth-of-detection, in many situations, than most Tesoro models. The Bandido II microMAX does have a little audio enhancement on mid-depth to deeper targets than the Bandido II you have, BUT the 'original' Bandido and Bandido II didn't have the Low-Noise/High-Gain circuitry and seemed to handle some iron debris a little better when it came to unmasking.

There were two very clean specimens for sale recently of the Bandido II like you have that I just missed out on bidding for. Both of those models are some of my all-time Tesoro favorites.

Monte
February 26, 2017 06:11PM
Monte I have had my Bandido II big box since I bought it new and out of all the detectors I've owned and sold the Bandido II has stayed in my stable. I made many of a great find with it back in the day. I occasionally want to go back in time on my hunts and the Bandido II comes out of the closet. Its by far no closet queen it looks like it has gone through a war but I love the audio on it and it's simplicity of use.
February 28, 2017 03:28AM
Let's not forget the T2 is prone to electrical interference, not all the time, but I recently detected at a new site, glade I had a back up.
February 28, 2017 04:15AM
calibil Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Let's not forget the T2 is prone to electrical in
> terference, not all the time, but I recently detec
> ted at a new site, glade I had a back up.

T2 classic has DST so you'll have other to do besides deal with emi.

February 28, 2017 04:35AM
calibil Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Let's not forget the T2 is prone to electrical in
> terference, not all the time, but I recently detec
> ted at a new site, glade I had a back up.

Well I've forgot about it!-----This new T2 Classic I got is quiet as a church mouse (DST).-----The older ones--yeah---I had a couple of them & they were chatty "nervous" things.
February 28, 2017 05:20AM
Thanks for the good info, Monte.