Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

dimes deeper than 10"

Posted by Rick, N. MI 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
dimes deeper than 10"
March 28, 2017 11:12PM
Are there any detectors that can detect a dime deeper than 10" with a standard coil for example an 11" coil with nails disc'ed. In disc mode or all metal mode with iron audio. There are only 3 detectors I know of that have all metal with iron audio.

Would like to know. 10" on a dime seems to be the maximum for vlf detectors. I remember when hitting a 6" dime was great.

Rick
Re: dimes deeper than 10"
March 28, 2017 11:31PM
I know the Sovereign with an 8" coil can deeper than 10". I found IH's at 11" with one.

Rick
March 28, 2017 11:58PM
Guess you haven't hunted with a CZ or Explorer series.....slow is the way to go......
Understand around 6 inches is the norm but now and then you can pick one up that deep....
March 29, 2017 12:03AM
In My Mild Ground Explorer/Etrac, Fisher CZ, and Nautilus IIB,IIBa.
March 29, 2017 12:21AM
Keith's Deeptech warrior vid shows very impressive dime performance even in bad dirt

[www.youtube.com]
March 29, 2017 12:25AM
I have the Warrior with the small coil and it hits my 10" dime. Bigger coils coming soon.

Thanks,
Rick
March 29, 2017 02:44AM
Rick, what type of soil you have? here in the ozarks I have orange clay, with lots of rocks. My Rutus Alter 71 hits my 10" test dime with booming audio, and accurate VDI. i can raise the 11dd coil 2" above ground and still get it. At the fresh water dry sand beach, I can get a silver half at 20" in deep mode, dig me audio. And a tungsten carbide ring ( which reads the same as a 10K ring ) at 18", dig me audio. Deepest VLF I have ever owned..
March 29, 2017 03:16AM
Rick, N MI
Are there any detectors that can detect a dime deeper than 10" with a standard coil for example an 11" coil with nails disc'ed. In disc mode or all metal mode with iron audio. There are only 3 detectors I know of that have all metal with iron audio.

The soil & conditions have a lot to do with it.
Also old dime versus newer dime, also how long in the ground.
And seldom mentioned, moisture content.

I am in CA, I can lend sand & sandy soil advise.

Keep in mind moist ground can add an inch, or more when the stars are right.

80's dime, been in the ground for a while, average conditions, so far as nails..... that is a wild card, always will be.

In sand or sandy soil a Teknetics Mark1 will see it, with the depth mod easily see it.
My Laser B1 High Power would see it, and the pipes below it...... LOL
Original Sovereign, XS, and those machines will see it, slower swing though.
A CZ will see it, wild card being nails and such.
A 1266X will see it,..... after you use a magnet to gather up the nails,.... LOL

Let me see 10" dime.................

I have hit dimes deeper than that with my Bandido II uMax, using the older, thin, white, open center coil.
No nails around though, but foil and bits of junk.

******************************************************************************************************
"Oak island?",.... has anyone taken a tuned CZ there?,... No?..... well there's your problem.
March 29, 2017 03:31AM
SandMan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Original Sovereign .....

And I know the OP was asking specifically about a stock 11" coil size, but I would add: The Sov with Wot combo can probably get a dime to 14" or so WHILE retaining iron disc, and a fair idea of conductivity (ie.; high vs low). On most other machines, when you increase up to that Wot sized coil, all your'e doing is adding more coverage, not more depth (for coin sized targets). But for some strange reason, the Sov/Wot combo seems to defy that law of diminishing returns. However, it's a warbly beast to use that way. And will take some getting used to. And perhaps only applicable for beaches or wide open field-type places.
March 29, 2017 03:49AM
The ground here in northern Michigan is mostly a mild sandy loam.

I had a Wot coil for my Sovereign and didn't gain much depth on land. It went deeper in the water.

I saw Keith's video with the Warrior. The coil looked like the 11" round coil and it was hitting his 12" dime.

Ok I am interested in the Rutus Alter 71. Do you think they will be coming to USA?

Rick

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Detector I have:
Tesoro Tejon
Deeptech Vista Warrior
Fisher 1236x2
Whites SurfMaster II vlf
Garrett AT Gold
March 29, 2017 03:50AM
Tom_in _CA
SandMan Wrote:
----------------------
> Original Sovereign .....
And I know the OP was asking specifically about a stock 11" coil size, but I would add: The Sov with Wot combo can probably get a dime to 14" or so WHILE retaining iron disc, and a fair idea of conductivity (ie.; high vs low). On most other machines, when you increase up to that Wot sized coil, all your'e doing is adding more coverage, not more depth (for coin sized targets). But for some strange reason, the Sov/Wot combo seems to defy that law of diminishing returns. However, it's a warbly beast to use that way. And will take some getting used to. And perhaps only applicable for beaches or wide open field-type places.

I tried a big black spider coil on my XS and the machine went nuts.
My meter was jumping all over the place, and the machine would not shut up.

I went to the middle of nowhere, held the coil up in the sky, same thing.

Darn coil was expensive, I bought it when everybody, the Sovereign guys on findmall, were saying how well they worked.
I haven't tried it on my original Sovereign yet, maybe that will make a difference.

The coinsearch is great performer.
Hard to put anything past it that's for sure.
March 29, 2017 11:50AM
10" in ideal conditions. There are just soooooo many reasons you wont hit it. Id dare say many are using machines out of calibration or just not working correctly too. Thats why many of the better hunters have test gardens. Even new machines may not be working correctly..... and then there is the operator whose not working right lol. Its not a perfect world out there.

Dew
March 29, 2017 12:26PM
Rick, The 71 can be purchased thru any UK dealer, or ebay. I do not believe Rutus has plans to market in USA, they are a smaller company.
Menu and controls are in English. Read the Rutus Alter 71 thread if you get a chance.
March 29, 2017 10:01PM
Tough to answer correctly when virtually no two people on this forum have the same ground conditions. I loose 30 to 50% in my ground with any IB detector. So.. someone elses 15" might only be 8" to me with the same detector. It's easy to see why so many people get frustrated and dump their new detectors on ebay.
March 29, 2017 10:14PM
Rick, N. MI Wrote:
> I have the Warrior with the small coil and it hits
> my 10" dime. Bigger coils coming soon.
>
> Thanks,
> Rick

Look forward to hearing more...... What size are you going for ?
March 29, 2017 11:44PM
I have a Tom D 1021 CZ3D certified to 12" on a dime that will in some soils.
March 30, 2017 12:25AM
Speaking of Mark I's, there is a Teknetics Mark I on the auction site. handheld unit. hasn't had a bid yet.

Rich (Utah)

SandMan Wrote:
>
Rick, N MI
> Are there any detectors that can detect a dime dee
> per than 10" with a standard coil for example an 1
> 1" coil with nails disc'ed. In disc mode or all me
> tal mode with iron audio. There are only 3 detecto
> rs I know of that have all metal with iron audio.[
> /quote]
>
> The soil & conditions have a lot to do with it.
> Also old dime versus newer dime, also how long in
> the ground.
> And seldom mentioned, moisture content.
>
> I am in CA, I can lend sand & sandy soil advise.
>
> Keep in mind moist ground can add an inch, or more
> when the stars are right.
>
>
> 80's dime, been in the ground for a while, average
> conditions, so far as nails..... that is a wild ca
> rd, always will be.
>
> In sand or sandy soil a Teknetics Mark1 will see i
> t, with the depth mod easily see it.
> My Laser B1 High Power would see it, and the pipes
> below it...... LOL
> Original Sovereign, XS, and those machines will se
> e it, slower swing though.
> A CZ will see it, wild card being nails and such.
> A 1266X will see it,..... after you use a magnet t
> o gather up the nails,.... LOL
>
> Let me see 10" dime.................
>
> I have hit dimes deeper than that with my Bandido
> II uMax, using the older, thin, white, open center
> coil.
> No nails around though, but foil and bits of junk.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.
March 30, 2017 01:01AM
I'm getting the 8" round coil for the Warrior when it comes in to the dealer.

And the 11" round coil too.

Rick