Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Impressive new 9 inch concentric coil from Nexus

Posted by sanjuro 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Impressive new 9 inch concentric coil from Nexus
April 01, 2017 07:52PM
I wish this coil had been out when i had my Nexus MP very impressive (to me) in the iron this coil is working at 24 kHz there is also an 11.5 inch concentric one due too working at 24 kHz, i think Keith would like to have a go with one.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2017 08:29PM by sanjuro.
Re: Impressive new 9 inch concentric coil from Nexus
April 01, 2017 08:30PM
I reckon the 9'' Concentric could be a deadly combination on the MP,will be buying one for sure,Georgi seems too think they could be out in a month or so,no price as yet but deadly on trashy sites,not sure about the 11.5'' version yet.
April 01, 2017 08:43PM
It might just tempt me to buy another MP
April 04, 2017 05:56PM
I thought Keith would have commented on this coil c'mon Keith what do you think ?
April 04, 2017 06:23PM
Georgi has just posted that they start shipping the 24khz 9'' Concentric coils in about 3 weeks time and priced at 250 Euro's,colours available are black and a carbon silver effect,must admit i dont think the latter colour option will be popular though.
April 04, 2017 09:06PM
Always heard those Nexus Detectors were depth Demons.
April 04, 2017 09:43PM
Impressive to be so big...9 inch...Concentric do work well in disc'ing..

I'm sure it will shut down in heavier nails though from larger size....I like smaller coils in thick nails...laws of physics have to apply..

Wish the coin hadn't of been touching the iron(FUSING)..wonder what would happen with a slight gap under the iron..????I think I know....machine has to see it to hit it there's no see around..

I've seen that total covered test work on other machines over the years also in Testing ....Again laws of physics have to apply...if the disc is very critical in iron range I've seen a dime be heard in the jaws of pliers...as long as pliers are holding coin..what happened is the machine was just set to reject the pliers and they were made of carbon steel usually and the dime gave it just enough conductance to report...

So what did the test the guy did in video tell me??? the Nexus machine has finite disc resolution in iron range ..NOT A BAD THING FOR SURE!!

What type iron is that the coins are under??Not nails its seems??

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 10, 2017 09:24PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Impressive to be so big...9 inch...Concentric do w
> ork well in disc'ing.....
>
> I'm sure it will shut down in heavier nails though
> from larger size.. Actually it does not. Besides I literally buried the US cent under 2 crossed 4" nails in the center of the test plate and it was still detectable in all directions
..I like smaller coils in thick
> nails...laws of physics have to apply.. Laws of physics say nothing about coil size been relative to target separation. This is an assumption made by people, based on the fact that so far smaller coils seem to perform better next to Iron compared to larger coils. Target separation is not about size, but it is about speed. A search coil with faster time constants is the answer and that's not relative to size. The coming 11.5" concentric coil for MP is even better than the 9" in this regard.
>
> Wish the coin hadn't of been touching the iron(FUS
> ING)..wonder what would happen with a slight gap u
> nder the iron..????... A slight gap under the Iron changes nothing. A gap of more than half an inch will eventually stop the detection as the test coins are way smaller than the 4" Iron nails used in this test.
I think I know....machine has t
> o see it to hit it there's no see around.. Yes there is. The coins are very much visible under the nails. I can explain how this works, but it will take some writing and time.
>

the Nexus machine has finite disc resolution in
> iron range ..NOT A BAD THING FOR SURE!!
>
> What type iron is that the coins are under??Not n
> ails its seems?? 4" long Iron nails from the shop, new ones. They are more conductive than the old hammered Iron nails we find around here. A 4" new nail requires the same level of discrimination as a 6" (1x1 cm thick) hammered Iron nail.
>
> Keith