Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Curious as to what differences anybody is seeing with V4 Deus?

Posted by ncwayne 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Curious as to what differences anybody is seeing with V4 Deus?
April 10, 2017 12:55PM
What do you like about V4? Anything you miss about V3.2?
Anybody going back to 3.2?

Thanks

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
Re: Curious as to what differences anybody is seeing with V4 Deus?
April 13, 2017 06:10AM
I've noticed that it seems to ID a lot better at depth and VDI don't seems to have that split second delay from the tones. I also noticed some differences in tracking. Tracking seems to stick to 90 a majority of the time. This was in a area where 3.2 would make a lot of changes from one area to next. In heavy iron ID seems to be worse off. I was getting a good tone with no ID or a 00 vdi. Most of my testing was with the beta tho. So maybe some of this was changed but doubt they would change that much. So far I'm liking 4.0 better.
April 13, 2017 06:52AM
Still only use version 2 on both of my Deus machines,did try updating to v3.2 but went back to v2 straight away,it works just fine for me on my UK sites,never did like full tones as it fried my brain,so as v2 does not have full tones i never missed it,but my personal opinion is that v2 still has the better audio than the later machines,and being that basically the Deus is a audio machine and i never look at the controller then v2 is just fine for me.I do carry the controller in my pocket but not on the shaft.
April 13, 2017 03:46PM
I am in no hurry to change at this point until I read more and more and more...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
April 13, 2017 04:17PM
I have a pal who says it ground balances better now - sometimes!!!

Has always complained that it doesn't ground balance easily???
April 13, 2017 09:32PM
I have used V4 from Colorado to Alabama where I met up with Tabman and from what I can tell the ID at depth is much better and depth is about the same as far as I can tell. Found a couple of flat buttons and the one was at about 6in with a circumference of about 1cm with a solid ID of 72. I think I would have gotten the tone with v3.2 but no ID with such a small button. I will be keeping V4.
April 14, 2017 04:45PM
Xy coords have limited use still overlap between metals ..A beer can can still be on the silver side of things
April 15, 2017 01:02AM
Definitely reduces battery life on the main controller,,,doubt if I get 10 hours on my 2014 battery.