Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Do you save $ by pre-ordering in the US?

Posted by ghound 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Do you save $ by pre-ordering in the US?
April 11, 2017 08:00PM
On another forum a few guys were concerned they would have saved money by not pre-ordering the Impact as the delay may mean that the following batch might be close behind and could be at a MAP lower than the pre-order price?
I know in the UK some early folk got a very good pre-order deal on the Impact and the Racer before hand, was there anything similar in the US, as i'm not savvy with your selling laws and MAP.
Re: Do you save $ by pre-ordering in the US?
April 11, 2017 08:31PM
Kellyco will never budge on the price unless you haggle. They still have blisstools for $800.00
April 11, 2017 09:13PM
I was told by a dealer that if they were to sell Nokta detectors below MAP that Nokta would pull their dealership from them.
April 11, 2017 09:17PM
Even with dealer pricing there isnt much meat on the bone.
April 18, 2017 09:10AM
[C8AAOSw3utY4QZp" rel="nofollow">www.ebay.co.uk]

Might be worth watching ebay if your after a good deal, there's been a few 2nd hand one's and a dealer has just auctioned his first one for £175 less than the pre-order price in the UK.
April 18, 2017 09:54AM
HEBEGB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was told by a dealer that if they were to sell N
> okta detectors below MAP that Nokta would pull the
> ir dealership from them.

Correction - we do not control the pricing and/or the dealer network in the USA.
The distributor does. Kellyco processes all dealer applications for Nokta.
April 18, 2017 10:57AM
Terminating a dealer agreement is typically done when the dealer ADVERTISES a price below MAP (which, in fact, stands for Minimum Advertised Price). I'm pretty sure that it's a settled point in US law that a dealer can sell his goods at any price he wants. The dealer agreement ls about promotion/advertising.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
April 18, 2017 11:20AM
Personally, for me its more about waiting to see how the product performs. Nothing coming out is cheap any more. I spent a lot of years dirt hunting until i moved to Fl. Takes a lot of pennies to pay for a machine dirt hunting. I waited on the CTX....... glad i did and i still have to be very careful using it in the water. Dietek has a new water coil coming id like to have....... but the last one floated so bad and a few even flooded. So i like to watch a product for awhile under REAL conditions.

Dew
April 19, 2017 03:15AM
The dealer I ordered my Impact propack from wouldn't budge on the price, but he did throw in a new Garrett Pro Pointer....then again he's had my $$$$ since mid February and I still don't have the detector eye rolling smiley