Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I'd like to thank Keith Southern and MichiganRelicHunter

Posted by Dan(NM) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I'd like to thank Keith Southern and MichiganRelicHunter
May 08, 2017 12:01AM
I'd like to tip my hat to these guys for taking the time to post a couple of videos about the benefits of GenD on the Impact. I went out for my first hunt today in a spot loaded with iron of all sizes and depths. Cross checking targets between DI2 and GenD worked like a champ to determine if there was nonferrous targets mixed in with iron. I never would have thought to use GenD while coin or jewelry hunting if I hadn't watched the videos these guys took the time to do. That nice rise in threshold vs the dip when hitting iron is a great tool to use to cross check targets when hunting in a disc mode. Thanks guys!!

I didn't find anything worth posting, but, I did recover 3 pieces of junk jewelry and a 1918 wheat in an area that I have pounded time and time again with the Etrac with 4-5 different coils and the CTX last month.One targets was a round religious medallion about the size of a nickle standing almost straight up and down at 7" made out of aluminum.That was a confidence builder with the Impact. I was concerned about losing depth compared to my CTX, not anymore. I was ready to close the door on the place after hunting 6-7 hours with the CTX and coming home with a single wheaty. I had to see if I could sqeeze anything else out with the Impact, I felt pretty good about what this machine is potentially capable of doing being this was my first outing with it and having no idea what the heck I was doing smiling smiley

Also thanks to everyone else who took the time to post all the great info about the Impact.
Re: I'd like to thank Keith Southern and MichiganRelicHunter
May 08, 2017 06:41AM
Very welcome and THANK YOU!

Yes Gen(D) is Very UNIQUE!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: I'd like to thank Keith Southern and MichiganRelicHunter
May 08, 2017 06:01PM
Thanks Dan. Nice to receive a little praise/recognition for once for all the work/time put into testing, videoing, writing reports/etc thumbs down

Those 2 modes on the impact are stellar and especially the SAT (D) mode. It can't be utilized just anywhere but on the right site under the right circumstances it's in a class all its own.

HH and keep us updated

MRH