Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

AT-PRO/Gold and mineralization?

Posted by bado1 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
AT-PRO/Gold and mineralization?
May 24, 2017 03:48AM
I'm looking to get a water proof machine. And was wondering how the two Garrett's handle mineralization? I live in Az. and have never seen either in action or talked to anybody that uses either machine out here. They seem to be very popular in the Eastern US and I was wondering if it was a mineralization thing or what?
I would be using it for Relic hunting in and around water. Any body use one here in AZ? Thanks!

Dean

T
Re: AT-PRO/Gold and mineralization?
May 24, 2017 10:15AM
I have the Gold and it handles mineralization much better than the Pro. Plus with you being in AZ, you could use it also to hunt nuggets etc.
May 24, 2017 01:59PM
Don't forget, Dean, you have 3 AT machines now. Don't forget the MAX (some are saying best of both Pro and Gold).
The MAX is due June 6? Should see a lot of Pros and Golds surfacing on the used market.

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
May 25, 2017 04:35AM
I had lunch with Chris Gholson today and the subject of why we don't see many AT-PRO/Gold machines out West came up. He believes both are great machines but didn't know why they aren't more popular here. Not much need for a water proof machine perhaps? They seem to be very popular in the Eastern half of the US.

Minelab, especially in the gold fields, are most popular here. I've owned many Minelab machines and loved everyone of them but, then again, I mostly nugget shoot. You would think Tesoro would be very popular out here... especially here in Prescott (where they are made) but I have never seen one in the field. Strange.

I've encountered lots of Fisher GBs in the field and more recently Nok/ Mak machines like the Gold Racer and own a few as well. I was wondering why we don't see the ATs out West (AZ )? I don't know anybody that has owned one. Any ideas?

Dean
May 25, 2017 10:30AM
Could be due to the low operating frequency of 18 kHz? Just a guess. I don't know.