Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

T2 Classic 5" vs Nel Snake

Posted by Rick, N. MI 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
T2 Classic 5" vs Nel Snake
May 31, 2017 12:16AM
How do they compare in iron trash?

Rick
Re: T2 Classic 5" vs Nel Snake
May 31, 2017 02:05AM
Get the snake..

locks up way better on ID in iron and trash..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
May 31, 2017 02:26AM
Thanks Keith

Rick
June 01, 2017 08:19AM
My opinion is that Nel has created a great coil to work on dense trash - Snake ...
June 01, 2017 08:58AM
The 5'' T2 coil is still a very good coil and the depth that it gives for the size is pretty deep,i would say the Snake just has the edge as it not only cover more ground but as mentioned it separate better on trashy sites,well it does for me anyway,only downside with the Snake coil that i find is that although its a pretty small coil being resin filled i find its heavier by a reasonable amount over the 5'' coil.
June 03, 2017 07:49PM
I've been using the NEL Snake on my Racer2 now instead of the 5" OOR coil, it seems to perform equally, if not better then the Makro coil, and covers just enough more ground to ease your mind that you're not painting a 747 with a Q-Tip., you've been upgraded to a hand held brush >grinning smiley<

What I've noticed is that I've kept up target counts (and keepers) when using the NEL Snake while my hunting buddies are using their 10" & 11" stock DD coils on their detectors. Great little coil IMHO.