Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

cz3d 5" coil vs. 8" coil...

Posted by connortn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
cz3d 5" coil vs. 8" coil...
June 12, 2017 05:13AM
This might be for Tom but any and all answers appreciated.

I have a CZ6a converted to CZ3d by Tom but only have the 10 inch coil. I had thought of finding a 5" or 8" for it as most of my hunting is for coins in East Tennessee soil. I'm thinking the 10" is too big for some trashy spots I visit thus the quest for a smaller coil. My question is if I go with an 8" coil can I just raise the coil 2, 3 or more inches off the ground and it give similar results as using the smaller 5" coil? Why would this work or not work, or would I be better off just finding a 5" coil? If it would work, could I also get the same results lifting my 10" coil off the ground to simulate an 8" coil?

Tks...
Re: cz3d 5" coil vs. 8" coil...
June 12, 2017 01:10PM
Get both coils; they're relatively cheap.
June 12, 2017 01:57PM
Agree with go-rebels ....don't feel your ideas are practicable....
June 12, 2017 03:33PM
The enveloped electromagnetic footprint generated from each coil is different. Raising a large coil a couple of inches off of the ground will give 'some' of the effect you wish to achieve......... but pales in comparison to a smaller coil.
June 13, 2017 11:29PM
Thanks guys. Every time I think to check ebay for the smaller coils I find I'm always too late or someone wants to sell new. I guess I'll have to just keep reminding myself to look every day or two. That's asking a lot for an old timer... we seem to think in weeks/months instead of days. I get to play at the beach about every other year or so and the 10" is great for that, but I'm sure I could do better at home in the dirt with a smaller coil. I get Toms beach video out every time before I go to beach and that has been a blessing. Need to find someone that can rent beach front rental in the fall for 2-3 weeks at great price. Now that would be a trip!
June 14, 2017 11:09PM
No excuse: [www.esnipe.com]