Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

"Inside the metal detector" Book........

Posted by docbars 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
"Inside the metal detector" Book........
April 21, 2017 04:12PM
Hey all
Does anyone want to read this book? If so pm me your address and I will send it to you for free. Just pass it on to the next guy or gal
HH
Corey
Re: "Inside the metal detector" Book........
April 21, 2017 04:24PM
Hi Corey,

I'd like to take it.
I'll pm you with my details to Pennsylvania & PayPal as I'd pay for Postage.

Many thanks.

Des D
April 21, 2017 04:37PM
great read that Des but its very technical
April 21, 2017 06:56PM
I bought the book direct from George Overton about 2 years back,great indepth technical information but way over my head,some of the illustrations i could understand but as for all the technical stuff you might as well talked about everything in chinese.Changing the subject just a little i do own one of the original 13 Crossbow Classic pulse machines that George Overton built and mine is the very last one No13,really deep detector and still in same condition that George made it about 3-4 years ago and wont ever part with it due to the rarity of them.
April 21, 2017 08:35PM
I won this book at a detecting rally a few years ago. Great deep dive detector info, but didn't really find it helpful in regards to becoming a better detectorists. But still, if you like all the nuts and bolts of what makes a detector, there's probably no finer literature available.
April 21, 2017 09:17PM
Don't worry about the shipping Des, I will take care of it
April 22, 2017 12:41AM
Junk and Disorderly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> but as for all the technical stuff you might as well talked
> about everything in chinese.

The next edition will be written in Chinese. Schematics will be drawn with Babylonian hieroglyphics. Just to make it more fun.
April 22, 2017 01:07AM
I have an orig. copy, must have read it 1000 times at the doctors offices and hospital waiting rooms. After awhile the info starts to sink in and make sense.
If your into tinkering with the guts of a metal detector, its a must read book.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
April 22, 2017 01:46AM
Geotech Wrote:
> Junk and Disorderly Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > but as for all the technical stuff you might as
> well talked
> > about everything in chinese.
>
> The next edition will be written in Chinese. Schem
> atics will be drawn with Babylonian hieroglyphics.
> Just to make it more fun.

Can i buy one then grinning smiley its was the Babylonian hieroglyphics that clinched the deal smiling smiley
June 18, 2017 11:28PM
Greetings Corey,

I wanna thank you as my brother presented me today with the book you kindly sent me!
It looks really interesting and once I have digested it ( that's if I will be able) then I'll "raffle" it off again and Freepost to the next person who might like to read it?
It's a detailed and thorough study with dozens of charts, bars, graphs, circuits, and general illustrations.

A sincere thank you once again.

Highest regards

Des D
June 19, 2017 02:36PM
Look like a bible for techies....certainly not for everyone but then again never can know too much relative the hobby...
June 19, 2017 09:58PM
"I didn't expect a Brit detecting slant to this book written I think by two American's?
It refers quite a lot to 'Roman, Hammered coins, Cartwheel pennies, the British manufacturers, C-Scope, Viking, and many other Brit centric references!

It's a good read, somewhat dated now as it didn't even begin to delve into 'multi frequency' but still, interesting.

Curiously, it mentioned 20kHz as a good proposal for a detector model and this many years before the Impact as one of its op freqs."
June 19, 2017 10:21PM
I believe that a revised version is in the works - a project for Carl's copious free time inbetween riding herd on a couple of dozen engineers and doing his own development work. What a slacker.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
June 20, 2017 12:25AM
Des D Wrote:
> I didn't expect a Brit detecting slant to this book written I think by two American's?

Written by an American (me) and a Brit (George).

> somewhat dated now as it didn't even begin to delve into 'multi frequency'

We got tired and cut out a number of planned topics, including MF. Maybe next round...
June 20, 2017 09:57AM
George, I tried to Google your origins before posting but couldn't confirm it?
Your post has now confirmed that for me and I can now appreciate the UK references which, is a good thing to allow for greater reader appeal.
Well done.