Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

T2 vs F75 Target ID Stability?

Posted by Don71 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
T2 vs F75 Target ID Stability?
July 26, 2017 10:52PM
Question for those that have owned both the newer T2's and F75's made in the last year or two:

Are the Target ID's less stable on the F75's?
I have seen some video's and forum complaints about jumpy target ID's on the F75/F70's recently.

I have never tried the T2 or F75 but I am leaning toward buying the F75 LTD unless the T2 LTD is more stable.
I am mostly an old coin and jewelry hunter. I have enjoyed using the F19 in the past but it does false quite a bit on deeper iron.

-Don
Re: T2 vs F75 Target ID Stability?
July 26, 2017 10:59PM
Don.......... as far as Target ID 'stability' ..... both units are about the same. Keep in mind...... the deeper the target....... the more 'jumpy' the ID reading will be on any brand detector.
July 26, 2017 11:12PM
ID is no where near as good as f19. T2 would have similar ID numbers as f19.
July 26, 2017 11:26PM
Under the same conditions running the F75 in dE mode?
July 26, 2017 11:29PM
Explorer/Etrac is Best at holding Target I.D. to Edge of Depth. IMHO.
July 26, 2017 11:56PM
Yes, running in DE mode.

I understand they should be about the same. I have read Dave J.'s posts.
But I have been a little confused seeing fairly recent videos with the F70/F75 jumping around and other videos showing the T2 holding steady ID. (on a dime for example)

Thanks,
Don
July 27, 2017 01:29AM
I didn't have a newer f75 with dst but my version 9.0 T2-classic id's way better. Even in the worst iron the t2-classic locks on to targets. I dug a lot of older coins with my f75 in an older park, it had a problem locking onto 4" coins. Jumpy numbers, not 2-3, not 4-5, more like 1-10. Id go with the t2 all day long.
July 27, 2017 01:30AM
A rather obvious point--- the F75 has an expanded non-ferrous range, 85 vs 60 in total, and within that range some bands that are even more stretched. So I would expect the Fisher to be more jumpy, even if everything else was unchanged. Except : the F75 has independant audio VDI and display VDI, unlike the Tek machine. I'm guessing the display VDI is 'smoothed off' a bit, reducing jumpiness. It doesn't need to be as rapid as the audio, and if taking 50 millisec longer to give a reading is the compromise, it's worth doing. So this may negate the expanded VDI scale effect.
July 27, 2017 01:31AM
On the F75 go by the audio tones, the ID numbers are secondary when it comes to giving a correct ID. On deep coins I can pretty much call a silver coin from a clad coin by the audio tone and how the ID numbers roll slowing up and down and slightly higher than where a clad coin normally IDs.

tabman
July 31, 2017 02:16AM
The T2-C. has one of the best LOCK ON IDs in Iron I've used as of late...

It's not the same as it was on earlier T2's ...Put a small coil on it and it will be very accurate on the ID's in iron...It will lock on a coin or button maybe better than any machine I've used in terms of accuracy...Especially with the snake coil on it..

The New DST Standard F75 is not quite as accurate in side by side test...It lets you Know it's there too but its more rapid fire feed ID and the T2 is more sampled...the snake coil will allow this sampling to really shine...

I cant find no fault with the T2-C.. it's a solid unit...about an 1/2 inch of depth has been given up over the Old standard T2 but all the pluses it has brought to the table on the new Quiet version it's a real seek and destroy unit...It also unmask better than the Old T2..Something's been done to the Processing and I'm not sure what??
T2-C. is a Button beast and coin beast..

I also find that the 2+ tone is the way to go and watch for those solid locks.. ..and you will be amazed in the thickest of iron using 80 disc.(YES I SAID 80 DISC) looking for coins...if you can get just a blip of a plus 80 hit investigate..the high disc setting also virtually removes all falsing form deep iron...sort of an attenuation...Very dangerous in almost un huntable multi period sites with that high disc and small coil...very unique and deadly and productive without alot of trash chasing..Even crown caps become junky sounding and that's with with the DD in play..

To be so simple to use it sure does produce..and probably the best balanced unit on the market..I like the lack of memory on the unit too..sort of a hard reset on every startup and the audio is very much in your face ..I think they have took some of the modulation away from the unit ..its still there but its more amplified on the deeper stuff..This may be to get it above the Digital shield threshold ...deep stuff sounds stronger on the C than on the older versions..I can still tell its deeper targets but its stronger...this is where that last little bit of depth is lost over the older one as that fuzz sound is I feel removed from the report in the DST thinking its NOISE...Yet in all but the quietset of sites the No noise of the C. actually allows me to hear deeper unless I cna run both old and C at full gain..and I could hardly ever run an old at full gain and decipher a weak hit...so in 90 percent of the sites I prefer the C. over the older one..add a larger than stock coil like a Ultimate or whatever to regain that inch or so...

I also have always liked how the T2 will JUMP ON big brass at depth with gusto...something the higher freqs units wont..It has a MXT trait by doing this...

all and all for the money the T2-C. (TO ME) is a serious unit that's a PRODUCER...

With all the coils Now available for the T2 that we used to not have it can about be tailored to do any task...I use a snake a sharpshooter and stock and am looking for a Tornado or the likes...

Not trying to say the T2-C. is the best unit made, but when all factors are introduced it's hard not to enjoy the CLEAN performance it brings to the table..simple and effective the more skill set you have and know how to massage deep round sounds that are even iron sounding and using the right coils will show its a very effective unit with cadillac comfort..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
July 31, 2017 03:24AM
Hey Keith with my experience using both the T2 Classic and now the F75 standard with DST. I have learned that the F75 with DST turned off detects just as deep as the T2 Classic but with the F75 it has lower ID numbers which is set from the factory that way. But when a target like my 10" dime is detected with either machine it up averages the ID numbers higher than they normally would come in at, making it a no brainer dig it target.
July 31, 2017 03:49AM
Thanks for the detailed response Keith. Do you think the latest T2 LTD has the same qualities as the current revision T2-C? (in DE mode)

-Don

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2017 03:51AM by Don71.
July 31, 2017 04:29PM
Are you asking about the DST LTD?

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
July 31, 2017 05:08PM
No longer available.

Anybody want a factory refurbished T2 Classic in the box for a good price, PM me.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2017 02:15PM by lytle78.
July 31, 2017 05:19PM
Keith, Yes, the T2 LTD with DST, boost, cache, that sells currently for a higher price than the classic model.

-Don

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2017 05:21PM by Don71.
August 01, 2017 03:13AM
Hey Don!

For some reason the Processing/Speed of the T2-Classic is more along lines of the old T2 Vs the DST LTD slightly slightly sluggish feel..

Now I have no inside info but I suspect they have different boards in them even though there both T2's..

Carl has stated that the T2-C. is locked in the 9.0 which is a mode on the LTD DST model which has 9.0 or 9.1...BUT to me the Classic 9.0 has a more lag free feel Vs the DST LTD...Do they really have the same Boards in them???they don't have the same options so I would guesstimate NO..the T2-C. seems to flow like a hyper gain unit but controlled like a say a G2..

The classic TO ME is as close to the Original DNA T2 but very controlled and QUIET!

It does seems like things get confusing with all the incarnations of the FTP units...LOL..

If you need the Boost then it's a No Brainer get the DST LTD but in my soil the Boost is not of very much use and in side by side in the soil I never saw a huge depth gain with a grounded coil that is coil to the soil scenario..Maybe a half inch of extra depth boosted vs non boosted....it does help with airgaps though...that's the strong point to me on a Boosted unit...airgap performance.BUt again add a larger than stock coil like a ultimate and the C should do better than the Boosted unit if it retains stock coil..

I do wish the T2-C. has Je mode...I use that over Boost on a F75 ..the faster sampling handles mineral better than the longer snapshot Boost mode in clay...

Yes if a T2 has Je mode and not sure why it did not get it that would be a Complete VLF unit..

There's things I like on the F75 LIke Je but there's things I like on the T2 over the F75 (Like better target stabilization)...maybe one day there will be a T3..LOL!!

Some thing funny on the DST F75 Ive never seen on the T2-C and thats deep targets reporting zero on display Vs T2 usually being somewhat accurate on same target never showing zero..LIke a Ten inch dime for instance??That's 4 bar dirt..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
August 01, 2017 09:01PM
Yes, the numbers jump a little on the F75, but the more you use it, the more you will be able to tell the difference between a quarter or other coin and a piece of junk. Remember, the F75 is super sensitive and you do not swing exactly over the same place every time. After many hours of use, you will dig more coins and less trash. You will know with 95% certainty what is under the coil. Of course, you have the option of digging or passing, but at the end of the day if you dig all the descent sounding targets, your trash will be a heaping pile but so will your keepers. Just remember what Tom said, The numbers will become much less stable, or none at all at depth and that is with all detectors. The F75 is a jewel of a detector. Give it some time and it will teach you what it is saying.
August 01, 2017 09:43PM
That's the point the numbers on the F75 jump more...and in say and iron infested site side by side with same coils I can get better locks on coins just 4 or so inches deep Vs the F75 ..so at the end of the day I'm digging less trash with the T2-C..with the regular T2 I dont notice as accurate of Ids in same scenario..its more akin to the F75..

The DST on the F75 has retained the Jumpiness...and part of its is the broader spread of Non ferrous numbers Im sure..

I'm starting to MAYBE suspect that for SOME reason the T2-C. with its processor or maybe even some other component has taken to the DST 9.0...in some sort of UNIQUE WAY..

they both will see the target BUT also I notice the T2 is more exacting on a Highly masked coin Vs the F75 more Moving...I can get fooled on screw caps and such that read close to coin Id's in iron More often than the T2-C.

Now I am using these units in a very specific test site that is a NIGHTMARE to hunt..Burned house of 1890s to 1930 time span...so it has a ton of aslo Melted aluminum and being an old farm house it is loaded in iron implements to boot..so its a Multi period site that i have reserved just for a test site to do some study battles...

Both are great units yet if F75 sees a Good Lock so does the T2 but at times I see the T2 offer a lock that the F75 sort of doesn't want to Lock...If I can dig tit all ot an issue but on a Trash hole I like to minimize my Holes..

there more like oranges and tangerines..LOL

-Nikola Tesla
August 02, 2017 06:38AM
Thanks Keith, I am going to get a T2 instead of the F75 for the reasons mentioned above. The T2's better target ID stability, unmasking, and other benefits are more desirable in my style of hunting. I wish I could try them both side by side in my test garden but as usual, funds are limited. -Don