Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What BBS machine is best for relic hunting in trash?

Posted by bado1 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
What BBS machine is best for relic hunting in trash?
July 31, 2017 07:46PM
The CTX aside what BBS machine can hunt non-ferrous targets in heavy trash... fast, separates,etc? Which would be a decent choice for hunting relics?

Dean
Re: What BBS machine is best for relic hunting in trash?
July 31, 2017 08:08PM
My hunting buddy does exceedingly well with his Explorer2. It may be contrary to popular believe, but I've seen him again and again does as well or better at iron ridden old sites as anything else out there. The only time I've been able to keep up, or exceed his conductor count at the end of the day has been with my Makro Racers.

I'm sure he'll chime in here.

hh,
Brian
July 31, 2017 08:14PM
"Did you mean FBS?
Just 2 BBS detectors, the Sovereign & Excalibur.
As Brian suggested, [ contrary to popular belief ] the FBS, 'Explorer's' are good in trash with Iron Mask off and I'd also suggest to get a Minelab 8" coil"
July 31, 2017 08:30PM
Yes, Des FBS. Thank you.

Dean
July 31, 2017 09:07PM
"I forgot to include the Quattro! Yes, that slow piece of crap is actually decent in all metal as you listen for the 'zip zips' in between the low droning like a bag piper warming up!"
August 03, 2017 10:27AM
Honestly? No one... they are too slow to work in heavy trash environment. Too much data to processing in real time. Even with very slow speed.
August 03, 2017 11:10AM
E-Trac with Sunray X5 coil is pretty good. Gotta tweak it a bit but it can hold it's own.
August 03, 2017 12:21PM
Masking issue. Try to check the same place, by Deus, Vista, Nokta Impact, Golden Mask...winking smiley I have CTX3030. Now only for beach hunting.
August 03, 2017 01:06PM
I would have said that using a smaller coil would be far more productive especially on trashy sites,you are not going too get depth on such a site with a stock coil as you will almost certain get 'masking' of decent targets,its the trash that will be the biggest problem.

Someone has suggested a Etrac with a small 5'' coil,it may look like a stupid setup but i reckon that could well be the right tool for the job as they say,then once you have cleaned a few of the decent targets out then possibly go upto a slightly larger coil.
August 03, 2017 05:56PM
Explorer XS with small coil..

Conductivity mode, nothing notched out go slow listen for low tones ignore high tones..

works on an iron ridden depleted site..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla