Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Gold Monster 1000 Video rundown

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Gold Monster 1000 Video rundown
August 26, 2017 02:00AM
I was fortunate enough to have Sand dog let me use his Gold Monster.

And I truly appreciate it ..

now I was looking at the gold monster in a Relic way more so than prospecting..

And it does have potential for sure..

Its a turn and go to the max unit..and a person after GOLD will surely benefit from it ...

Its running 45 Khz...

Ill let the video explain instead of typing for 30 minutes.

[www.youtube.com]

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: Gold Monster 1000 Video rundown
August 26, 2017 04:14AM
Great informative video Keith, I appreciate you taking the time to do it. I wonder how it would do with a tighter coil and if their gonna make any accessory coils for it. I was surprised at the air test depths also. Thanks

John
August 26, 2017 10:01AM
"Thanks for the video Keith!

I LIKE that 'Law of diminishing returns' a.k.a. 'modulated audio', as Volume drops off considerably at 'depth'.
It was also interesting to hear some 'signal inconsistency' on foil?"

Des D

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2017 11:20AM by Des D.
August 26, 2017 11:09AM
Thanks Keith! I was hoping it had potential for relics but was concerned the Frequency was to high. However it knocked out the iron very well! Let's see if the new Minelab tops it!thumbs down
August 26, 2017 02:35PM
Thanks Keith for your time and as always great info.
August 26, 2017 06:08PM
Yall are welcome..

and still to me it's a First and foremost a prospecting unit...

If I was a Gold hunter after tiny gold and wanted to occasionally MAYBE dabble in small Micro Jewelry or even smaller relics in CERTAIN areas..it would be fine..It does love cuff buttons ..

Yet I like the 705 in prospecting mode Better with the 18.75 Khz coils..I know it would give up the tiny stuff that the Monster hits but with about the same amount of money involved I think (KNOW) it may be a better crossover unit....Unless you NEED the MICRO capability..

In other words the Monster is a very very Specific unit..Small gold sniffer...

Whats intriguing is the simplicity ...and Great tracking ability..And I like the ruggedness ...It feels like a Beater that would keep on ticking..

Yes lets see what the New Minelab offers..I'm wondering if it's going to be along the same type mechanical design??

I don't like the Rod being Non Collapsible but that would take away from the design of the housing mount being adjustable..

For me I have no real use for it ...intriguing and all and I like it if that makes sense ..But I would really never have a use for it for what I do..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla