Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deus XP

Posted by dewcon4414 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deus XP
November 02, 2017 06:39PM
I was talking to a dealer that i met on the beach the other day. He was playing around with a Deus XP and wanted to show me how it worked. He said he brought the antenna with him for the coil making it work IN the water. He said it went easily to neck deep. We are going to get together and he may do a video with me using in the water. IF this thing works in the water ill be really surprised...... i didnt think unless the antenna sticks out of the water that it would work. Am i wrong in my thinking? Isnt it also single freq???
Re: Deus XP
November 02, 2017 07:52PM
Saltwater and VLF bad idea. No the depth and bad behaviour. Another issue - no warranty after salt water beach hunting.
November 02, 2017 08:34PM
The "antenna" is just a small hollow tube so the radio waves have an air path to the remote without getting attenuated by the water. So as long each end of the antenna is close enough to the transmitters/receivers yes it will work fully submerged. However, it's a single frequency machine in salt so performance is crippled.
November 02, 2017 09:29PM
Thanks.....i learned something. Id never thought it would work underwater unless the antenna was slightly out of the water. I dont know the machine so didnt know if they combined freqs. I have a friend who comes in every year with one and i knew it wouldnt work on the wet sand....... but thought maybe something changed. I might have gotten my leg pulled. Older guys who said hed been detecting for near 60 years and was a dealer........ surely hed know it its and effective salt water machine?

Dew
November 03, 2017 12:10AM
detectingMO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The "antenna" is just a small hollow tube so the r
> adio waves have an air path to the remote without
> getting attenuated by the water. So as long each
> end of the antenna is close enough to the transmit
> ters/receivers yes it will work fully submerged.
> However, it's a single frequency machine in salt s
> o performance is crippled.

?
I think you'll find the XP antenna kit consists of a length of thin coax cable...not a hollow tube...
If you've got one, just hold your pinpointer up to it to hear it go off.
(Lot's of people are making their own using RG-179 coax.)

There are 3 different variations of the kit...depending on how submerged you want to go, and where (and how) you want to wear the remote.
Either way, the antenna needs to come up from the coil, and be right next to the remote.
(If the antenna is below water, and the remote is above, it won't work.)

Here's a vid showing version 'C' of the kit in action: [vimeo.com]

And more info at XP: [www.xpmetaldetectors.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2017 12:18AM by Mike in CO.
November 03, 2017 01:08AM
I have used my XP in salt water, it has two ground balances. One for land and one for salt water. If you set it up right it works very good in wet salt, I have never taking it under water, just the coil. Put it in GoldField and set ground for salt, you better have a good pinpointer, it finds wire ear ring back that you can,t hardly find without a pinpointer.
November 03, 2017 10:22AM
Mike.....what you said was my thoughts as well. I was thinking if it was a tube sticking up......that thing wouldnt last long with a very fast sweep in the water. Sure was a LIGHT machine to swing.