Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Minelab Equinox tone volume.

Posted by Beyonder-Pa 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Minelab Equinox tone volume.
November 08, 2017 04:51PM
This little feature has seemed to slipped in under the radar. Adjust the tone volume for ferrous can create like a 1n on the f75 ltd or a iron control volume like on a Racer 2 or Impact. What is the difference you ask? With precise TID running wide-open with low or no iron tone and a high reactivity, this machine should be unbeatable in iron infested sites. Pretty exciting if you ask me.
Re: Minelab Equinox tone volume.
November 08, 2017 05:17PM
Yeah, the Omega 8500 does this by category and it's really slick. Unfortunately, the tones are super "thin" and "tinny" sounding for it to shine.
November 08, 2017 05:17PM
Yep, that's huge. There are other adjustments that the 800 has that the 600 doesn't like tone break, tone pitch, threshold pitch, and manual noise cancel. As a coin hunter, I was starting to think the 600 might have been enough for me, but now I know the 800 is the right detector. Can't have enough adjustments (that coming from a V3i guy who loves all the complexity)!
November 08, 2017 05:26PM
wayfarer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yep, that's huge. There are other adjustments tha
> t the 800 has that the 600 doesn't like tone break
> , tone pitch, threshold pitch, and manual noise ca
> ncel. As a coin hunter, I was starting to think t
> he 600 might have been enough for me, but now I kn
> ow the 800 is the right detector. Can't have enou
> gh adjustments (that coming from a V3i guy who lov
> es all the complexity)!

Can you link where you got those 800 only features from ?
November 08, 2017 06:17PM
Here you go:

This is from a Equinox brochure that Minelab posted yesterday and is now mysteriously absent from their website confused smiley
November 08, 2017 06:21PM
As you can see from the above Minelab info, there are some IMHO significant differences between the NOX 6 & 8 beyond the Nox 6 only having the 5/10/15 kHz frequencies. At first glance they may seem subtle, but the ability to adjust tone break, tone pitch and tone volume is huge for relic hunters working in heavy iron, and coin shooters working through iron and trash.
November 08, 2017 06:27PM
many thanks for that thumbs down
November 08, 2017 06:45PM
Headphones make the difference.

HH
Mike
November 09, 2017 12:45AM
Mike..... it will be interesting to see if this machine has volume. Us water guys really had to use some BAD phones on the CTX. BUT.......thanks to MAL and Joe (ole beach nut) i think we have that fixed. Here we go....... a different type of water connector......will it work? Phones make a HUGE difference.
November 09, 2017 05:19AM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mike..... it will be interesting to see if this ma
> chine has volume. Us water guys really had to us
> e some BAD phones on the CTX. BUT.......thanks t
> o MAL and Joe (ole beach nut) i think we have that
> fixed. Here we go....... a different type of wate
> r connector......will it work? Phones make a HUG
> E difference.

Their new brochure lists adjustable volume under DETECTOR SETTINGS: Volume Adjust

On the same brochure they show a set of Waterproof Headphones: Waterproof 3.5mm (1/8-inch) EQUINOX headphones