Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I'am Smitten!

Posted by Alpha Goat 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I'am Smitten!
November 28, 2017 03:40PM
With the Rutus Alter 71! The birds are chirping, chocolate soufflé did not sink! It's all good until we divorce! thumbs down
Re: I'am Smitten!
November 28, 2017 04:23PM
Ole' Keith Southern and Bill Ladd both like this Detector so must be a Goodun'.
November 28, 2017 08:00PM
Yes good unit for sure!!!

Don't trust the Hodograph in heavy iron...a co located small non ferrous target in heavy nails will mimic a piece of iron signature..starts high a swirls back to the left hard like iron likes to do..

Basically the hodo is like Signagraph off of a Whites except it links the points together instead of raising lines along the bottom like on a XLT

its neat but its nothing new...on a Signagraph form whites you may have a coin line and a foil line raising up simultaneously on a 71 it does the same but it creates a line between them and holds for awhile per users hold setting speed..

you'll notice solid lock ID usually have a straight up slightly bent line...any ID unit can report about the same as the hodograph...Its when the ID starts wavering is when you get the timed reference lines..Those graphs make it easier to see when targets are jumping ID though..Yet still don't trust them in mineral or heavy trash..always use the tone first and Visuals as a reference..

First time I ran the RA71 I knew the concentric was the secret sauce coil...Not fond of the DD on this unit when compared to the Concentric.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
November 29, 2017 10:04AM
Agree with the coil selection. So many useful features and I love the easy frequency change. The tones are what I like the most. Reminds me of a Whites, Nautilus, Xterra and an Explorer all rolled into one! Gonna hit some worn out sites today!