Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Minelab CTX 3030 F/S

Posted by Daniel Tn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Minelab CTX 3030 F/S
November 17, 2017 02:35AM
1 year of warranty remaining on this CTX 3030. Comes with stock 11" coil, unused wireless module, charging cable, USB cable, and everything else a new CTX comes with. This one is the newer style with improved arm rest and seals. I also have a new seal kit that I have not installed yet. In addition, I also have Andy's book on the CTX, along with Clive's CTX book and Gary Drayton's two beach hunting CTX books, and screen cover. I have found several rings and a lot of silver with this machine.

I also have a Pro Swing harness if that might be of interest and an extra Anderson lower rod for it.

I am asking $1,400. No trades for this one. Can send pics if interested. Will send donation to Tom if sold here.
Re: Minelab CTX 3030 F/S
November 19, 2017 02:23AM
Have you sold the detector yet I'm interested.
Bill
November 19, 2017 02:51AM
It is still available.
November 26, 2017 04:25AM
Is that CTX sold yet, Daniel?

Steve
November 26, 2017 05:03AM
It is still available.
November 26, 2017 11:04PM
Dang Daniel, I thought You liked that CTX? That's a heck of deal though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2017 11:06PM by Harold,ILL..
November 26, 2017 11:44PM
Don't do it Daniel!

Yer gonna regret it grinning smiley
November 27, 2017 12:03AM
Don't do it Daniel----Don't do it!!!
November 27, 2017 12:54AM
I made a mistake. It has 2 yrs warranty left on it.

I only like it for saltwater beach hunting and I am 8 hours away from the nearest saltwater beach. You guys have saw my videos on attempting to relic hunt with it in my soil. It plain sucks at that here.

I'm banking on the Equinox being my do all water machine when it comes out. For mostly freshwater hunting and then it be adequate enough for saltwater beaches for the couple weeks outta the year that I go.
November 27, 2017 03:35AM
I bet You could get that or more on ebay. I had good luck selling Detectors on there even with the Juice You gotta pay.
November 27, 2017 01:30PM
I've had a bad run here lately on eBay. They changed things around and now I can't find the option to make the listing US only. I have put in all my descriptions that it would be US only, with no foreign shipping; US ONLY. And I think the foreign people bid on it for spite. My last 2 items have been won by foreigners and I end up wasting a whole week while the auction was running, and then have to cancel the transaction, and eBay still charges the selling fee. Long story about the last one...but he ended up being from Brazil. I could not get it through his head that he didn't follow my description and that I would not ship to Brazil. I cancelled the transaction, he left negative feedback in which I had to file a complaint with eBay. They investigated and found out he was a fraudulent buyer, deleted his account and removed the negative feedback. But still charged me the selling fee. So eBay would be a last resort for me. I know the used CTXs usually sell for $1,600+ on there though.
November 27, 2017 02:15PM
Daniel------The problem is--the days of the high value detectors sales-wise (like the CTX) are swiftly coming to an end (IMO).-------I'm faced with the same situation as you are should I decide to sell (which I have no plans of doing).-----My wife & I both detect & have three CTX's (one as "fall back")---but---if a person buys 'em--you about have to plan on keeping 'em (long term).----Either that or sell them & take a royal drubbing.----That's my ever so humble opinion anyway!-------Don't "give it away" man, it's just too good of a detector.--------------Del
November 27, 2017 03:26PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've had a bad run here lately on eBay. They chan
> ged things around and now I can't find the option
> to make the listing US only. I have put in all my
> descriptions that it would be US only, with no for
> eign shipping; US ONLY. And I think the foreign p
> eople bid on it for spite. My last 2 items have b
> een won by foreigners and I end up wasting a whole
> week while the auction was running, and then have
> to cancel the transaction, and eBay still charges
> the selling fee. Long story about the last one...
> but he ended up being from Brazil. I could not get
> it through his head that he didn't follow my descr
> iption and that I would not ship to Brazil. I can
> celled the transaction, he left negative feedback
> in which I had to file a complaint with eBay. The
> y investigated and found out he was a fraudulent b
> uyer, deleted his account and removed the negative
> feedback. But still charged me the selling fee. S
> o eBay would be a last resort for me. I know the
> used CTXs usually sell for $1,600+ on there though
> .

There's a way to cancel a bid while the auction is still running if you can figure out that they aren't in the US.
November 27, 2017 04:42PM
If you can find a detector that can indicate two different targets at once as the CTX can then sell the CTX. Otherwise keep it.
November 27, 2017 05:03PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> I've had a bad run here lately on eBay. They chan
> ged things around and now I can't find the option
> to make the listing US only. I have put in all my
> descriptions that it would be US only, with no for
> eign shipping; US ONLY. And I think the foreign p
> eople bid on it for spite. My last 2 items have b
> een won by foreigners and I end up wasting a whole
> week while the auction was running, and then have
> to cancel the transaction, and eBay still charges
> the selling fee. Long story about the last one...
> but he ended up being from Brazil. I could not get
> it through his head that he didn't follow my descr
> iption and that I would not ship to Brazil. I can
> celled the transaction, he left negative feedback
> in which I had to file a complaint with eBay. The
> y investigated and found out he was a fraudulent b
> uyer, deleted his account and removed the negative
> feedback. But still charged me the selling fee. S
> o eBay would be a last resort for me. I know the
> used CTXs usually sell for $1,600+ on there though
> .

I have had trouble with fraudulent buyers bidding on eBay too.. it's a pain no doubt..
eBay suggested for me to use Buy It Now type auction which forces them to pay immediately..
I have done a few short 3 day auctions and it has been working well.
I put up my CTX for $1700.00 and it sold on the second day.

As far as the US only sales option. Its there but you have to dig for it. For some reason they don't make it easy.
I don't like there new system either.
Good luck!

Bryan
November 27, 2017 05:21PM
PhDtector Wrote:
> If you can find a detector that can indicate two d
> ifferent targets at once as the CTX can then sell
> the CTX. Otherwise keep it.

I actually didn't ask your opinion on whether I should sell it or not. I prefer detectors that can alert me to a good target. The CTX has proven time and time again that it can't do for me what other machines can do.

Here is proof from a few days ago: [youtu.be]
November 27, 2017 05:24PM
I just hit the US shipping only and that takes care of it. I also mention in Auction US shipping only at the end just to make it clear. I use the eBay app on My Smartphone as makes is so much easier. Before it was a real pain to do.
November 27, 2017 07:29PM
I prefer detectors that can
> alert me to a good target. The CTX has proven tim
> e and time again that it can't do for me what othe
> r machines can do.
>
> Here is proof from a few days ago: [youtu].
> be/3es-Ftkj9ko

just scene video

The ctx wasn't even responding to the iron in you senerio really just a blip here and there. crank her up past 22 manual
so it hits the target then lets talk about the signal it puts out.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2017 07:39PM by Diggs4ever.
November 27, 2017 08:41PM
22 is actually already past the edge of stability for it in that soil. If you run it in Ground Coin with open screen, all you hear is ground feedback iron grunts every swing...the cursor buried in the low right corner. All running up the sensitivity does is make it even worse with ground noise. If you put just a little bit of a disc pattern in that bottom right corner, then all you hear is constant nulling. It also doesn't matter if you noise cancel each time or if you try manual ground balance. What you see in that video is the best it can do, and keep in mind the deepest bullet was just around 6 inches. Remember...they all hit in the zinc range out of the dirt. That should be well in the range of the CTX on manual sensitivity 22. On the beach I actually throttle it back some and it can still hit coins and fishing weights very deep....much deeper than I can get the same targets back home in this red dirt stuff. On the beach it is an amazing machine. If it could do in this soil what it does at the beach in little to no mineralization, I wouldn't have a need for anything else. Interestingly, I can go to a different mode besides Ground Coin....say low trash or ferrous coin, and most of that ground noise disappears. I can actually hunt with an open screen in those modes...that is how I had been hunting with it...just digging the iron hits anyway. I thought I was onto something but after rehunting the same section with the T2, and being able to locate a half dozen bullets that the CTX couldn't report, it really made me appreciate other machines. I had also been there with the CoilTek 10x14 coil and the 13x17 Minelab coil but they didn't help gain any depth in that particular soil.

In some older videos that I done for YouTube, I went around in circles with CTX users that saw one of the videos of the CTX struggling in that dirt. They said I needed to noise cancel, try manual GB, and a few other things. The next video I showed doing all they had suggested on video and it still failing to get a signal on any of the bullets. I was eager to learn and open to trying things but nobody could come up with any solution that worked. One of them finally said "looks like you need a pulse machine for that ground" and that had been the case for best results.
November 27, 2017 11:47PM
Dam I'm glad my dirt ain't like that Daniel

here in Mi I can run wide open screen/no disc whatsoever, high trash, 22 sense and dig stuff (coins or lead/etc) at 12" all day long
November 27, 2017 11:49PM
Roll Tide Daniel!
November 28, 2017 02:45AM
MRH -- When I am on the beach that's almost exactly how I run it...except I run low trash and let it eat. Open screen and let it roll on. Threshold runs smooth as can be and targets ring out exceptional...10+ inches EASY.

Harold -- Yes sir...Roll Tide. Lots of fans hid their Bama gear after Saturday's Auburn whipping but I still wear mine. I was on the UT Vols campus all day today wearing my Crimson Tide hat.
November 28, 2017 05:43PM
My Family is from Alabama so been an Alabama Fan since the Bear Bryant days in the Good Ole' 70s.
November 29, 2017 05:48AM
Don't know exactly where this person is located.
Heads up.

[www.detectorprospector.com]
November 29, 2017 05:55AM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2017 05:56AM by steveg.
November 29, 2017 07:25AM
Detector is sold guys. I was able to sell it via Facebook. We might even get a new member. I suggested he come pay the site a visit.
December 01, 2017 07:55AM
You have to use what works for you. I stopped in Tn once and had my Minelab Sov. Great detector. Detected an area where troops were reported to have been. I didn't find anything and had to turn the sensitivity all the way down in order to get a threshold.