Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

adventures with Ozzie

Posted by Rod-PA 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
adventures with Ozzie
December 05, 2017 02:15AM
I convinced Ozzie to play hooky from work today...looks like it might be the last nice day for a while. Amazed, but he agreed. We went to the first spot where he told me he got a trime once. I found a couple fairly modern rifle casings, and one unfired one. He scored a '67 quarter...1967, that is. Just wrong, that thing laying in the woods at an old site.

We left there after a bit, and headed back to the button field. I went to the spot I got the half real a few weeks back..I had left two stones turned over, so I could find it again easily. The last 2 times I was there, I was using the 5x10 concentric, and once I had found that half real, I had hit that area really thoroughly I thought with that coil on those 2 trips. Today I used the 5" coil. It does seem wrong to walk out into a 30 or 40 acre field with a 5" coil, but oh well. I decided to re-scan the same area around the two stones, went about 12 feet, and picked this little fella up. I know I walked over that spot at least two times with the 5x10. The iron in this area is just constant sounds, so I was using 2L tones, disc 0, sens 99, DE process. Depth was between 4 and 6 inches, because I think it fell out of the clod as I lifted it out of the hole and was laying in the bottom.

[www.findmall.com]

My first trime!

For humor, on our way out, after I stowed my gear in my vehicle, I walked over to the park ranger who was watching us from his truck and gave him the unfired rifle round, so he could figure out what to do with it. I hate carrying those things around.

Happy Hunting, All !
Re: adventures with Ozzie
December 05, 2017 03:39AM
Great find.

Story to boot.

Yeah, I had 2 gents laugh at me once when I pulled a Nokta CORE unit out with a 5" coil to hunt some open turf.

About 30 minutes later they weren't laughing anymore.

As I had hit Bingo.
December 05, 2017 04:08AM
Agree - Congrats on the find - Super stoked & a cool story to boot - well done & dug winking smiley

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
December 05, 2017 04:48AM
Nice one Rodman thumbs down

Most of the ones I find are barely legible/recognizable confused smiley
December 05, 2017 10:13AM
Again, nice find and condition. HH jim tn
December 05, 2017 01:48PM
It was good to get out. We went out for trimes at a long gone post office, moved fields, and Rodman pulled one, a beaut too....I only got a flat cuff button.
Trimes are as rare as gold coins around here. Finding them is close to the same thrill, but not quite.

This field a fellow needs to bring his bag of patience. The corn stalks are bent at two feet with a lot of it on the ground, aggravating to swing in.

With his last two silver finds, Rod is getting me pumped again about detecting.

I was telling my wife last year that I was concerned about my loss of enthusiasm about detecting.....as there isn't much these days I get real excited about, can't loose it...life would get dull.