Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Beach and Swimming Hole Hunting DVD

Posted by cabochris 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Beach and Swimming Hole Hunting DVD
December 15, 2017 08:41PM
I purchased this DVD more than a year ago. Unfortunately family situation and business kept me from watching it until last night. My detecting passion lies mostly with shallow water hunting for jewelry and find scooped gold glistening in the sun exhilarating! For some reason I thought the DVD would cover best detectors to reach hardpan gold on the beach, as the idea of this possibility has always interested me. I recall Thomas has touched on this subject in writing.

I enjoyed watching the DVD and despite my scooping gold in the sea for 20 years, learned valuable tips worth far more than the DVD price! After watching, it's amazing we find as much gold as we do! What got me to dig the DVD out, dust it off and finally watch it, was because of all the recent Minelab Equinox chatter. I'm excited about the Equinox myself and am hoping it will perform as good as my Excalibur in the shallows. Because traveling to the Caribbean with 2 Equinox size machines (one as back-up), seems appealing. The best I have been able to discover is that the Equinox will handle saltwater almost as good as BBS/FBS.... but that it's other new technologies may make up the difference? (I've used just about every water detector and for me the Excalibur finds the most gold in the least time)

The secretive release of the Equinox has started a feeding frenzy and I believe it will become a great time for buyers in the used detector market? Which got me looking and I see many CTX 3030 packages suddenly for sale at lower prices. Other detectors too. Now it was suggested Christmas might have to do something with more detectors up for sale, but still feel we may see a detector dump soon. That's if the Equinox meets expectations? I've never seen a detector marketing release like this before with very few leaks if any!

So while I enjoyed watching the DVD, I still want to know if hunting deep jewelry at the beach with a Super Detector makes sense and wonder how much missed deep gold there could be on any given beach? I'm researching and watching for a used gold machine PI deal like a ML 2100 or GP3000? I know what an Infinium can do as well having played with an ATX. I also have been told the older Whites TDI Pro is a Depth Monster and am keeping my eyes open for one. But somehow I believe the big Minelab gold PIs are the way to go. Only I know little about them, or how they compare on depth to the TDI Pro? There is no way I'm going to buy a new expensive ML gold detector just to play around at a wet salt beach. What I would like to know though is which older used model ML PI should I be watching for? Does one model work better at the beach than another, like 2100 vs 3000? Or should I just search for the best deal/price? Then what would be the best size coil for deep gold, as in the DVD it was suggested there are diminishing returns. Thanks. I really want to discover what may lie beyond the range of most detectors at the beach.