Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Button/Relic Diggin w/an Old Friend grinning smiley

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Button/Relic Diggin w/an Old Friend grinning smiley
December 16, 2017 08:11PM

Hard to believe it's been 15 yrs since the release of the 1st MXT in the series. I remember it like it was last week! After having used the XLT for a few yrs prior as my main white's land hunting unit, I got my 1st MXT in 2003/04 and used it for only 1 yr then I sold it off to "upgrade" to the DFX. What a mistake/joke that was as ultimately I ended up hating the DFX and sold that a yr later too eye rolling smiley

Anyway, had to get me another one with the 10" DD and 4x5" DD to do some button/relic diggin with smiling smiley

Planning on a road trip here soon (after the holidays) to someplace a bit warmer and where the ground will still be diggable
(will be taking the Deus and this nice Pro I just picked up)!
Re: Button/Relic Diggin w/an Old Friend grinning smiley
December 16, 2017 10:01PM
On paper the DFX looks like a solid machine, but I've heard far more horror stories than success stories about it.

Dave Johnson did a good job on the MXT, the guy certainly knows what he's doing, I hope he puts out another great hit before he retires thumbs down

hh,
Brian
December 16, 2017 10:32PM
That old friend is really a hard one to let go. Like you I picked one up years ago and have since then upgraded to the Pro. When something just plain works it stays in my arsenal. Lots of detectors have come and gone over the years but the MXT will always stay for me. Heck I just talked Tabman into getting one for the first time and he is loving it I think. Great machine.
December 17, 2017 01:11PM
Good luck.
December 17, 2017 06:11PM
Welgund Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That old friend is really a hard one to let go. L
> ike you I picked one up years ago and have since t
> hen upgraded to the Pro. When something just plai
> n works it stays in my arsenal. Lots of detectors
> have come and gone over the years but the MXT will
> always stay for me. Heck I just talked Tabman int
> o getting one for the first time and he is loving
> it I think. Great machine.

Very much agreed,

just like the sov/excal's and a few others that will always be a tool in the shed.

I run an excal with the 7.5" coil that hits depths on dime size targets many other machines can't even hit with large stock (11", 12") coils.

The Deus with 9" LF coil running V3.2 is another. I used the HF elliptical this past summer/fall running V4.0 but imho = the coil and V4.0 can't touch the 9" round/V3.2 for the type of targets/style of hunting I use a Deus for and therefore I sold the HF and went back to V3.2 w/9" coil full time.

I can't wait to get out and use this MXT in relic 2 tone mode now though!
December 17, 2017 10:39PM
I to have a sovereign GT and Deus, love them machines. They will always stay. I do like my CTX 300 also and think it will be hard for the Equinox to replace any but you never know.
December 18, 2017 01:38AM
SWEET set up..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla