Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher CZ7a can it be made into a PRO

Posted by Flintstone 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fisher CZ7a can it be made into a PRO
September 08, 2018 01:25AM
Hi CZ users, I have a very nice CZ7a, that take the 12 batterys under the arm cuff , Can this detector be made to use the 9v battery like the CZ7a Pro ? Thanks for any help, flintstone
Re: Fisher CZ7a can it be made into a PRO
September 08, 2018 01:59AM
Personally I would not touch it as that is a one Year only CZ. It balances nice with the 12 batteries under the arm cup. Those are getting to be collector items. JMHO.
September 08, 2018 02:31AM
Notice what Bryce did in 2002.
Lilkely for a very good reason.

[www.findmall.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2018 02:33AM by tnsharpshooter.
September 08, 2018 03:18AM
If you don't hipmount its weighting and comfort is better than the hipmountable CZ's and owned several over the years and found them to be as deep or deeper. Battery consumption is about the same so leave well enough alone...if you wish to hipmount have to change units..in this case newer doesn't mean better...
September 08, 2018 02:07PM
Thanks All, I will just buy some rechargeable batterys and try that. Dose anyone know about how good it is in trash? I have the 5" CZ coil, will it get 5" or 6" dimes?
September 08, 2018 02:39PM
Indeed it will and I speak from experience..Near iron fences and places where big coils won't go it gets the ones others miss..again you have to swing slow for maximum depth and sacrifice coverage but its an excellent coil..
September 08, 2018 04:10PM
As good as any other CZ just go slow and low. Personally I prefer the standard 8" coil as most spots I had were not super heavy in trash. The little Hockey Puck 5" is good if in Mega trash and does not lose much depth. In 'Mild' to 'Moderate' ground You should hit 8" silver dimes No problem.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2018 04:14PM by Harold,ILL..