Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

FOOD-FOR-THOUGHT: F-75 depth = T-2 depth EXCEPT:

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
FOOD-FOR-THOUGHT: F-75 depth = T-2 depth EXCEPT:
December 04, 2007 11:19PM
With 6" tiny coil equipped F-75 at max Sensitivity...... It's depth capabilities are identical to 11" coil equipped T-2 at max Sensitivity.

See any advantages?

FOOD FOR THOUGHT!

Tom
Re: FOOD-FOR-THOUGHT: F-75 depth = T-2 depth EXCEPT:
December 06, 2007 12:06PM
I don't know much about the T2, but have been using the f75 with the small coil and the depth where I live is about 8" on a dime, sen. on 80. The stander coil about 10" on a dime. The f75 is fast, ID works good in trash, and gets clad very good. But my silver coin count has gone down. I don't know why. I was getting 1 to 10 silver coins a week, I have only found 2 in 12 hunts.??
December 06, 2007 12:37PM
Hmmmm.... sounds like your luck is similar to mine. I'll have a streak of silver...and for quite some time. Then I'll have a streak of wheat pennies (and no silver) for quite some time. No matter what; I still always average about 5.5 wheats to 1 silver coin. ....... John, it sounds like you are overdue for silver!
eat my words
December 06, 2007 08:04PM
Will Tom I guess I'll ear my words. Went to day and got 6.04 clad, 3 wheats, 1964, 1942-d quarters, 1941 dime and a flying ACE token from wold war 11. Guess I was just not in the right spot.
Re: eat my words
December 07, 2007 03:27AM
Three wheats and three silvers???! Two of the three silvers were quarters???!! Yep; you caught up!
December 19, 2017 05:42AM
Is this data here still accurate?
Assuming no boost used on either unit.

And does this carry over when comparing DST F75 and T2?

Then there are these new plus models.
December 19, 2017 06:18AM
I wish it worked that well on the mineralized west coast, but alas it does not.
December 19, 2017 08:53AM
Interesting thread,any specific reason why the F75 was as deep with the 6'' coil ?? is that coil unique too the F75,of late have been using the 5'' coil on my T2 and never though about really increasing the sensitivity right up.

Location of the original article if possible would be most welcome.
December 19, 2017 01:47PM
The smaller the search coil the higher you can run the sensitivity. I detect a lot of areas that have super high EMI and using a large DD search coil is a big NO NO.

tabman
December 19, 2017 03:47PM
T2 Classic with the 6 1/2" x 3.5" Snake coil is hot. I'm getting partial hits on my 10" dime with this coil in my mild ground. I haven't taken it off since I got it.

Rick
December 19, 2017 06:34PM
If the 6" is a F T coil, it is the concentric, which typically get a little better depth then the DD. It also sees less targets and ground minerals and emi. My silver count so far for this years is 113 and my wheat cent count is 543. One of the better silver to wheat ratios I've had in recent years. HH jim tn
December 19, 2017 09:17PM
jim tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If the 6" is a F T coil, it is the concentric, whi
> ch typically get a little better depth then the DD
> . It also sees less targets and ground minerals an
> d emi. My silver count so far for this years is 11
> 3 and my wheat cent count is 543. One of the bette
> r silver to wheat ratios I've had in recent years.
> HH jim tn

113 silvers in one year is outstanding, Congrats on the great year Jim!! thumbs down

Turf hunting I've only exceeded 100 in a year one time (not counting demos/scrapes and toasty beach silver).
December 19, 2017 11:45PM
Thanks, Brian, but I would trade them all for your recent gold piece find. I do, though, consider myself pretty blessed and fortunate. Not so much for the silvers, but first and foremost, for having a very, very understanding and supportive spouse that affords me the chance to hunt almost every single day of the year for a few hours. Fresh air, exercise, a good hunting buddy that enjoys the game almost as much as I do are added bonuses. And a good bit of credit goes to a F 75. Have a Merry Christmas and pop another gold coin. Tom can still be caught. grinning smiley HH jim tn