Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Waterproof headphones

Posted by dewcon4414 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Waterproof headphones
September 08, 2018 09:59AM
Looks like we may have someone else in the headphone game who could make a quality truly waterproof pair of phones. This maybe a good option for many of the new water machines as well as those coming out like the Fisher...... IF they dont go with a propitiatory connector like ML which has slowed companies like Detector Pro GG down. ML didnt get us headphones.....then we got less than a good pair of phones. To me if you cant produce a decent pair of phones...... dont try. Come up with a standard connector reduce the price accordingly and let the competition do the rest. .

[www.facebook.com]
Re: Waterproof headphones
September 08, 2018 10:39AM
Yes......while I admit I was harsh on the Equinox itself and ended up actually liking it for what wet sand hunting.....Minelab has just goofed up the accessories for it. If they wanted to get more money from us by differing the headphone connector from the CTX then at least make a pair that people actually are satisfied with. Uncomfortable and no volume! Junk! Not to mention that their 15 inch coil missed the entire beach hunting season unless you live in Red tide country. I already dropped 175.00 on a pair from Tony Eisenhower. Nice MSA design that look and feel like my old RATS. They could use a little more volume too. I guess the problem lies with the detector unable to transmitt high volume? The 6 inch coil? I see them being shopped on the forums. I saw one on EBAY....buy it now for 450.00 two weeks ago. Yeah...right! The entire release filled with shortages is very frustrating. I'm glad to see another headphone maker in the market. I can actually drive to them. But I have invested all my hobby money for the year and next year the 15 inch coil has my money first. Lesson.....The worst product release of a detector and accessories I have ever witnessed.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2018 12:37PM by goodmore.
September 08, 2018 11:29AM
Come on now Goodmore.... you dont like those yellows lol. To me it seemed waterproof headphones were an after thought........ then we complained so much they had to do something...... so they gave us the yellows. Now the real kicker was if they had used the M12 connector like they did for the coil and on the CTX we could have had them immediately. Ive got a pair of Tony's as well...... he uses piezos very well built and dunkable for sure. Ive got a pair with speakers........big difference in volume. For me .... i couldnt get Tonys to give me the right tones but they have good volume ...... even has modulation on targets...... where as the pair i have with speakers foil sounds like foil but everything is high gain with no modulation. IF these are using audiosear speakers...... they will be worth every penny. Most land phones like pro golds use audiosear speakers. This will be a plus for these machines.
cdv
September 08, 2018 07:39PM
I'm all for another player in the headphone field and am all for manufacturers involving veterans in the process.....however..... they announce on July 4th that the next month the Equinox phones will be out and a web page......I can find neither just the Facebook page...…

Cliff
September 08, 2018 08:35PM
In my opinion ML never provided great, or even close to good, headphones. I favor the Minelab FBS model detectors, but the Koss headphones they included in earlier FBS packages were cheapos too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2018 09:45PM by Arkansas.
September 08, 2018 08:36PM
He stated a years testing took place this morning on the Jersey shores page. Looked like a lot of phones there Cliff. They look well made.... I noticed the volume control is gone on the water ones. Mass production of a great product is what we need. You snorkel Cliff so you know that one year warranty will help you or anyone dunking a pair of phones in the salt water.