Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deus hunt (12-30-2017) using round HF 9" coil w/pic

Posted by Sod-buster 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deus hunt (12-30-2017) using round HF 9" coil w/pic
December 30, 2017 10:29PM
Back to the same site as yesterday.
A 2 hour and 15 minutes hunt.
Temp 34F
Ground wet not frozen

Settings used to find targets today
Sens 93
Freq 28.8 khz
Reactivty 3
Silencer -1
Audio report 5
Headphone module volume set to 6 with full headphones worn.
Disc level 3 full tones
Manual and auto ground tracking used with ground phase running 71 most of the time
6 dots in the minerlization index meter when coil bobbed over clean ground.
Area hunted today not deemed carpet of nails scenario.

All targets located with Reactivty level 3.
But I decided to play a game of sorts and check all suspect targets using Reactivty 2.5 after being located.

The signals on all targets with reactvity 2.5 (silencer -1), every single suspect target, audio degraded, either tonally or by shape of tone provided.

Could I have found any of these targets using Reactivty 2.5 level?
Likely, but only a few of them.
On other thing of note, using Reactivty level 2.5 most targets,,,coil position sensitive to acquire better signal. Level 3 setting allow for far more out of ideal position and still render better signal overal.

Now, I did try and probe around using mi6 pointer, as well as sweep Deus coil, and use pinpoint to try and see the why behind Reactivty 3 giving better signal.

Naturally even by doing this, would be still considered speculation on my part.

But I will my share my speculation here.

One target smaller, did have a nail head 3-4" below depth plane of nonferrous target.

Most of the nonferrous finds today all had broader pinpoints with them.
But a wavering pinpoint is noticed most times if nonferrous is recovered. Still though not something I would put too much stock in for dig/no dig decsion.

It seems to me this Reactivty setting of 3 would help vs Reactivty setting 2.5 on smaller targets, or bigger targets with masking going on be it above, adjacent or below the on ferrous find.

Notice Inwas running sens level 93.
Could a person run higher and make all the finds I did today.
I really don't think so.
Why?

The round HF coil is quieter running vs 9" LF coil, but you pump up the sens 95+, IMO user will miss finds.
I really pushed the Deus today, still got little iron.
All objects in pic nonferrous but the nail on the left and the object directly below it.

Quite a few of these finds produced extremely low vol hits, and scratchy, but signal was repeatable and clean on the edges.
The beaver tail was a good 8" down and longways turned up on edge-notice the end is curled somewhat.
I recover a small price of ferrous while recovering, thinking I was fooled,,but was successful.

Now after my hunt today, I looked back and noticed.
I discovered the majority of my finds in a rather small area for such a big field.
Meaning I won't say I disn't miss any one of these finds previously using even Deus and LF coils or other detector models, but I recovered enough nonferrous from various closer located spots,,I think I can say the round HF coil on Deus is doing something the others aren't.

Reactivty setting
Some here may be thinking speed is all it is or affects.
IMO it does, but there is more to it than that.
Seems it allows Deus to synthesize signal better on smaller targets. Gives a better look and can help drive audio or keep audio of of the iron range moreso.

Real old sites are deserving of this detector and coil setup.
I was very impressed again today.

How long would it take me to purge all detectable nonferrous just in the one field of a farm that has a total of 75 acres of fields?
Who knows.
Remember I have been roaming around in this field I was in today (14acres btw) for the last 6 years on and off, mostly on.
This by doing what I have has really showed me some interesting things when it comes to masking and separation.

But if anyone tells me all their sites are hunted out of all nonferrous- be hard for me to believe.

This is it for me detecting wise for 2017.
Will have to wait for this seems slightly neutered polar vortex to come and go and see if weather permits detecting.

2017 was good to me.
Learned a lot of things, got to test the Nokta Impact and use some other new to me equipment.

Happy New Year everyone.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2017 10:40PM by Sod-buster.