Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Xp Deus HF coils commentary w/pics

Posted by Sod-buster 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Xp Deus HF coils commentary w/pics
January 04, 2018 10:18PM
Alright the pic below all finds from one site using the HF coils so far.
This site had loads of action by Deus and LF coils and other detector models.
Two what I consider prize finds not shown above, Spansih bit and half dime.
Yes there are some nails in the pic.
Remember a learning curve happened as these finds were being made.

I will talk about each coil here separately.

The round HF coil is my favorite all arounder for Deus hunting old sites.
Whatever Xp did while under the hood Designing/engineering this coil -kudos.

User IMO will dig little iron even when pushing the coil to it limits trying to Eek out nonferrous objects.
Most of my time has been spent and the finds found above using 28.8khz using both coils.
I when running round HF coil have done quite a few head to head not with other detector models, but instead against Deus itself using LF coils as well as comparing round HF coil against itself by changing freqs and other settings.

In a nutshell during my locating of all the nonferrous objects.
When locating suspect targets with 28.8 khz and keeping all other settings the same just checking targets using 14.4khz, (round HF coil) the following was witnessed.

There were no times were actual tone pitch quality improved by selecting 14.4khz.
There were times though where tone volume was higher when selecting 14.4khz (stronger tone) yet audio pitch more compromised.

On targets where using 14.4khz seemed to mirror for the most part. the signal achieved when using 28.8khz, these targets rounder, disc shaped.
This is not to mean 14.4khz gave equal tone on all disc shaped nonferrous.
Irregular shaped defintiely 28.8khz odds on favorite for signal quality.

Deep iron and nails.
This to me is the most remarkable thing this coil does.
A person can chase signals and find little iron if they stick to their guns as far as dig no dig decisions for signal signature, quality, length, repeatability.
One thing I notice 0 disc, IMO using a person will think a suspect target is indeed ferrous, whereas if they check target with level 3 disc the user might just hear something different although slight to give them the clue(s) to dig.
Running zero disc for whatever reason allows some/more iron tinge on edge of signals(nonferrous objects), that little rolly Polly at the edge that in normal instances would make a user think ferrous.

On nonferous targets dug prior to digging, many many times when comparing 14.4khz to 28.8 kHz, coil positon, coil swing speed allowed advantage here near 100% advantage to the use of 28.8khz.

Using 28.8khz seems is like Deus audio is changing gears when comparing target using 14.4khz.
Just a tad higher sounding pitch that keeps the signal moreso out of iron range (so as not to fool a person).

I am also noticing more mixed ferrous/nonferous targets dug.
Not buttons with steel backs but other things.
I have dug overalls buttons (both ferrous/nonferous)
And I believe I was passing these up, until I figured out what this coil was telling me tone wise.

Alright I said earlier the round coil does well in ferrous as far as giving clues so a person doesn't dig.
Usually when a detector sees real well in iron, it can cause bigger relic iron to give off signals to fool a person thus they dig.
Take a look at this pic.
Quarter in pic for scale.
This piece of relic iron orientation unknown dug from 8.5" deep.

Why did I dig this?
Well.
This object yielded a signal knowing what I know now a signal with <10 % chance of being nonferrous.
Signal had the smallish rolly Polly extension on the edges of signal.
I experimented while,over this target by varying disc level.
As I swept while increasing disc at level 8 target all but gone-faint and broken.

Now I am bringing this here up here so I can share another experience.
I dug a piece of lead medium sized irregular shaped,
This target yielded almost the same exact tone, tone signature as the relic iron above. Still the lead object gave a tad less rolly Polly on the edges of signal.
But raising disc level to 8, this lead object still yielded what I consider good tone.

Could this checking with higher disc be one weapon to help a person in the field?

Next the HF elliptical coil.
A user imo will no doubt dig more iron going after signals.
But this coil can indeed sneak nonferrous out of sites the round HF coil just can't do.

Funny thing here.

When I was running the 9" and 11" LF coils in this site using 18khz.
I found I could get away with loser disc setting (2-2.5) using the 9" LF coil, and would have to use disc setting 3.0 while using 11" LF coil.

But going to the smaller elliptical coil I find running disc at 3.5 vs running the disc at 3 using the round HF coil while using full tones.

The elliptical is definitely hotter on nails vs round HF coil, the tonal signal, pitch, behavior just isn't here with the elliptical coil, vs the round HF coil.

The elliptical coil is quieter running though (chatter) with equivalent sens settings vs the round HF coil.

Using both of these coils, IMO ditch the backphones when trying to bear down on hard hunted sites.

Both of the HF coils do seem more times than not to provided lower sounding tone on nonferrous vs ferrous.
I like that, one clue while sweeping.

Here is a pic of 2 of the targets (ferrous and nonferrous).

The smaller object is ferrous on both sides but nonferrous in the middle.
The other bigger target, the rim is ferrous with the rest nonferrous.
Both of these targets (orientation unknown when dug) gave a tough to discern signal yet discernible using round HF coil.
Maybe why they were still in this hard hunted site.

This will likely conclude my reporting of the XP Deus HF coils here until I get the mighty Equinox.
Then you may see me posting some comments comparing.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2018 11:16PM by Sod-buster.