Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tough to be a Tall Man.

Posted by woodchiphustler 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tough to be a Tall Man.
February 18, 2018 08:49PM
My new " Changer " wobbles when extended to it's full length. Shucks!
Re: Tough to be a Tall Man.
February 18, 2018 10:00PM
Experiment with some plastic tape until you get no wobble....
February 18, 2018 10:35PM
That is bad news. Thanks for the warning.

Let us know if you find a remedy. Hopefully they will have tall man rods available at some point. Maybe they already do if the EQX rods match other models.

They offer tall man rods for the E-Trac and Safari. They should make them for the EQX as well. Anyone over 6' tall will need one.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2018 02:29AM by Badger in NH.
February 20, 2018 03:53AM
Sorry to hear that, woodchiphustler. I'm 6'2" tall, and I don't have any issue at all with mine. I even have several "adjustment holes" available to make it longer, if I needed. And with it adjusted in this way, mine has ZERO wobble. Of course, I probably adjust so as to swing the coil "closer to my body" than some, after years of having to learn how to swing heavy FBS units in a way that is most comfortable. But with that said, my rod is MORE than long enough. Any chance you could swing it in a bit closer to your feet, allowing you to shorten the rod some (and presumably reduce the "wobble?")

One other thing, and I don't mean to offend in any way, but did you tighten the screw-lock mechanism securely? My rod DID wobble, until I tightened that lock -- which then eliminated all wobble.

Steve
February 20, 2018 05:42AM
Good info Steve. If you're 6'2 and have several adjustment holes still available, then the EQX should work for me.

What is the distance from the grip to the coil bolt the way you have it set up now?

February 20, 2018 10:01AM
Yes Steve I tightened the bolt.grinning smiley I'm 6 foot one . To eliminate the flex I had to shorten the length and bend over to hunt which caused me discomfort. My arms are short and my swing will not change after almost 50 years detecting. Another issue I encountered my coil will false when using high sensitivity and hitting cut stalks . Lowering the sensitivity solved that issue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2018 12:44PM by woodchiphustler.