Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

My Minelab comparison request

Posted by x2000 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
My Minelab comparison request
February 24, 2018 01:29PM
I would like to see a "real world" comparison between the Equinox (in multi-frequency) and the X-Terra 705 (with a double frequency Mars Tiger coil at 18.75khz).

If you own both detectors, PLEASE do a video that shows some signals (or the lack of it) on targets in undisturbed ground. I would be very interested to hear a little bit of 2-Tone action (maybe even with some faint signals).
If you do, please don't swing the coil 100 times (from various angles) (in a narrow movement) over the target until "finally something" appears (like some people like to do...). One coil sweep from the same angle (and the appropriate speed) should be enough (or one pass in front and the second over the target - you can recheck it with several coil sweeps only, when something shows up after the first and most important "contact").

If you don't have the Tiger 2-Frequency coil, but you own both detectors, it would be nice if you could write something about your impression of the audio intelligence.
Which one has a "more telling" audio? Is it easier to estimate the depth, size and the "quality" of a target with the Equinox or the 705? I'm not interested in "stability" of VDI numbers, depth symbols etc. just the audio.

Thank you in advance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2018 01:29PM by x2000.