Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Getting a second opinion tomorrow.

Posted by woodchiphustler 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Getting a second opinion tomorrow.
March 03, 2018 11:31AM
From a very experienced relic hunter and the only person I hunt with. Curious to see what he thinks of the Changer. Will be down at the shore for a hunt next week. I have many years of experience on salt water. The Sovereign Elite has been a favorite. It has it's own sound for bottle caps and gold rings. Let's see how the changer responds.
Re: Getting a second opinion tomorrow.
March 03, 2018 02:41PM
I very much doubt the Nox will identify bottle caps as easy as a Sovereign. But it probably does other things better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2018 09:25PM by goodmore.
March 03, 2018 04:08PM
From watching Max's video at Virginia Beach, he was hunting in all metal and would get negative numbers on crown caps, but if he went to disc mode, the machine would give positive numbers if the negative ones were discrimated out. Non ferrous targets would lock in with positive numbers in both disc mode and all metal. He began hunting in disc and cross checking in all metal. He was able to start calling them. If you know Max, he really struggled with crown caps with the CTX....said he could not see the screen in the sunshine, which is something I agree with.
March 03, 2018 05:28PM
Been seeing some great reports on the changer at the beach, might be it's strongest point?
March 03, 2018 06:28PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> From watching Max's video at Virginia Beach, he wa
> s hunting in all metal and would get negative numb
> ers on crown caps, but if he went to disc mode, th
> e machine would give positive numbers if the negat
> ive ones were discrimated out. Non ferrous target
> s would lock in with positive numbers in both disc
> mode and all metal. He began hunting in disc and
> cross checking in all metal. He was able to start
> calling them. If you know Max, he really struggle
> d with crown caps with the CTX....said he could no
> t see the screen in the sunshine, which is somethi
> ng I agree with.
Max is an old friend. He would call me "The Heat" because I would bring it. Hope I run into him.