Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tek T2+ vs Tek Patriot(F70) Advantages or a draw as

Posted by Michael296 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tek T2+ vs Tek Patriot(F70) Advantages or a draw as
March 10, 2018 10:56PM
far as simplicity and use. The Patriot is S-rod and T2 is mid handled and somewhat better balance but doesn't matter either way to me. The T2 uses (only) DD coils and the Patriot uses both DD and CC coils. Having never used the F70 or Tek clone I have no experience to fall back on. Oh yeah, the T2+ has a BP mode. Neither machine has memory which is also just fine with me.
I guess I just need some feedback to make a decision. I am not a per se relic hunter, I hunt it all depending on site and time allowance. Any comments please, Michael
Re: Tek T2+ vs Tek Patriot(F70) Advantages or a draw as
March 10, 2018 11:35PM
I can't speak for the Patriot I have never used one but the T2 is a very good all around detector.
March 11, 2018 01:19AM
Patriot does have memory and will save settings. Patriot also has boost via SL (slow) mode.

Patriot is a F70 with new skin and name...it's boost mode (on the F70) came before the T2 and F75 got their boost modes...the "beta" platform so to speak.

They are both 13khz platform machines...similar speed - depth - performance.

Patriot has notch...T2 does not.
Patriot has a threshold in disc mode....T2 does not.
T2 has trigger switch...Partriot does not.
T2 has manual ground balance...Patriot does not...just quick grab.
T2 iron breaks at 40...Patriot at 15 like the F75.
Both have various tone options...monotone....VCO tone...3 tone...4 tone...DP (99 tones)
Both use 4X AA batteries for 40 hours of use.
Both have all-metal modes.

Patriot is $399....while the T2+ is $449 with a Tek-Point and digging tool.

I'd have the Patriot and T2 Classic....over 300 hours on each. I like the T2 just a bit more...but couldn't explain why. I feel just as comfortable with one as the other. Both great machines well worth the price tag.

My YouTube - [www.youtube.com]
Website - [www.thehuntergt.com]
March 11, 2018 06:08AM
The T2 is a great detector, the F70 was lackluster in my soil, not sure why when the T2 worked so well, just never got good depth with the F70. I did find one of my best pieces of gold jewelry with the F70 though, paid for the detector, so no worries there, but if I had to pick, it would be a very easy decision.