Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Just sitting here.....

Posted by woodchiphustler 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Just sitting here.....
March 12, 2018 04:53PM
Watching the " Tide" roll in. Did the Veteran Relic Hunter get all the desirable targets out of the fields? Because all that seems left is a bunch of small or mis-shapes of non-ferrous.
Re: Just sitting here.....
March 12, 2018 05:01PM
Not for me!!!!!
March 12, 2018 05:37PM
"a bunch of small or mis-shapes of non-ferrous"

... sounds just like typical U.K detecting finds to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2018 08:06PM by Pimento.
March 12, 2018 06:12PM
Maybe we need more depth in iron and out George..??there still alot of bigger goodies out there even on depleted sites but hard to get to...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 12, 2018 08:14PM
Pimento Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "a bunch of small or mis-shapes of no
> n-ferrous"

>
> ... sounds just like U.K detecting finds to me, so
> the machine should work well over here.

I have no doubt this detector was made for field hunters looking for small hammered coins. Ever see any UK videos hunting trashy parks? A few maybe but most prefers fields. Since I hunt colonial fields loaded with nails , I will have to dig an abundance of unwanted non-ferrous. But no worry I have a Hodograph that kept me from digging most non-ferrous trash. Lucky I left it in the ground so the Changer could find it. And it does. Over and over again. Still waiting for the Magic to happen.
March 12, 2018 08:52PM
"An abundance of unwanted non-ferrous" sounds very familiar, probably 1 in 30 items dug are 'keepers' .... too much shotgun cartridge remains, bullet cases, airgun pellets, junk buttons, random bits of lead, things that fell off the farm tractor, and of course the coke. Very few people have the Equinox over here, the bulk of them went to the US, so no-one's worked out how good they are on our sites, yet.

We don't do much park detecting because it's largely banned, or digging/damaging the ground is prohibited. This does mean they are mostly undetected, hence full of targets ....
March 12, 2018 08:54PM
Get out there and find something! You the Button Daddy.
March 13, 2018 10:32AM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> Get out there and find something! You the Button D
> addy.

Due to my recent results I feel a name change was in order my friend. Just call me " The Non-Ferrous Crap Daddy" Oh my.
March 13, 2018 10:36AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> Maybe we need more depth in iron and out George..
> ??there still alot of bigger goodies out there eve
> n on depleted sites but hard to get to...
>
> Keith

Based on the depth of some mason jar lids the Changer has plenty of depth. They sounded just like the coke can at 2 inches. moody smiley
March 13, 2018 09:17PM
Maybe wait until the Equinox 1000 is released. I understand it has two new modes, Mine1 and Mine2, and even in the most remote field, it will locate unexploded ordnance, often on the first trip. Sounds exciting.