Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

SE

Posted by Shambler 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
SE
August 08, 2008 12:51AM
I was sold on the F75 until I handled an SE recently. Can all of you Fisher diehards talk me out of the SE purchase? I don't mind swinging slow at all. I'm just out "chillin'" when I'm hunting anyway.
Re: SE
August 08, 2008 01:17AM
Explorer SE is one of the BEST detectors in the world; however,........ the easiest way to determine if the F-75/T-2 will "trump" the SE...... is to go relic hunting in a iron nail infested site and remove ALL non-ferrous (not iron) targets out of the ground with the SE. Then see if the F-75/T-2 (configured properly) can find any more non-ferrous targets in that exact same area. IF, IF, IF you have time............ read the article: "Head-To-Head Comparison Testing" on the main page of this web-site..............,,,,,,,,,,,,, assuming you have not read it already.
August 08, 2008 01:37AM
awwww..booo! I wanted you to tell me which is most enjoyable smiling smiley
August 08, 2008 07:39AM
The one that 'startles' you the most ............. which is usually the one that finds the most.
August 08, 2008 11:52PM
I had an SE I sold to get an F-75. I found one very good relic spot 4 miles from my house. After getting 150 good relics with the SE it stopped due to heavy iron. When I got the F-75 I started getting more relics where the SE went silent @ 950 more!!! and still getting them. SE got bogged down in high iron due to slow response.
August 09, 2008 10:33AM
Exacting 'case-in-point'!
August 09, 2008 10:49PM
ok, ok, I get it. And purchsed an F75 yesterday. Should be swinging it by Tuesday. Man, that's a lot of money ... hopefully I made a good choice.
August 10, 2008 01:55AM
As long as it works per design (and it should) you will only have a learning-curve to go through. Hopefully..... you'll have time to read some of the info on this forum BEFORE you receive the unit; so as to 'heavy you up' on set-up procedures.
August 15, 2008 01:36AM
Shambler, I've been working both the SE and the F-75 for several months now (sometimes side by side checking each target found be the other). I'm still trying to get the hang of the SE with every different coil available. Even spent several outings with just the SE to make it work! Took some time off from the SE and with the F-75. I pulled a couple silver items and a wheaty out of the same place I've been trying to learn the SE. I'm not saying it's a bad unit, I'm just not getting it yet! I want the best and I believe that the F-75 is one of them! Oh, and it's fun. You'll enjoy it! Just MHO! and Happy Hunting, Rick

P.S. My first target with the F-75 was a star of david 14K 5.5grams!

WHAT A DETECTOR
August 16, 2008 02:45AM
menstick, thats some nice looking finds.are those from inland ground or ocean sands..
August 16, 2008 03:07AM
Liquid ONE, they're from the local hunted out park. So far 6 rosies, 20+ wheats (earliest 1919s), and several gold pieces (and nickels galore). All but two of the items were taken with the F-75. Just sold the Garrett Infinium and haven't been back to the beach. Gonna give the SE a chance maybe tommorow so it may redeem it's self. Rick
August 16, 2008 03:19AM
Great info.I have a friend in texas that has been using the new se Back to Back with his F75 and is still amazed at how good a hunter the F75 is..He stated the same as you about the SE locking up around Iron..I need to call him and get an update..I had a choice between the 2 machines and picked the F75..Its a fun machine to use..Tom has said the SE might be a better choice in this high mineral red clay NC dirt.Maybe one day I;ll get a chance to use a SE to compare...looks like the F75 has been good to ya are you...are you able to put the juice to the ground in settings..awesome work..james