Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Strange hunt Saturday.I

Posted by Beyonder-Pa 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Strange hunt Saturday.I
April 23, 2018 02:30PM
I like to think this forum is about us as well as detecting. After all, we are the ones who make the decision to dig or not.

I did some research into this old 1939 baseball field. It was on a mountain(this is the second one on a mountain I was chasing). Since I lost all kinds of body fat, I was in great shape to tackle the mountain. We got dropped off as there was no where to park and it was only a mile from my parents house.

My father and I searched for an hour and finally found it. We went over it and we only found two wheats, there wasn't even much junk(someone cleaned it out). We took a long walk home and hit a park on the way there. I found a few quarters and a 1957 d wheat on the surface looking new. We went back to my parents house.

After all the climbing and walking(I had 5 miles on the pedometer) we were pretty beat and we sat for a few hours. I was sore and getting up so early, was tired. I was unfulfilled. I wanted to hunt more. I was dismayed with the hunt. My father wasn't going to hunt anymore. It was 5 pm so I went to an old school that had a lot of targets.

I got out there and focused hard on the iffys. I got another wheat. Then there was a nice silver spoon ring, but it was plated. It was getting dark so I said I will leave on the next quarter signal. It was four quarters later and I still refused to leave. I said to myself, "I aint leaving until I find a silver"(the way I rationed this was, I worked so hard I deserve something special).

Two more quarters later, I decided to leave. I hit a few signals on the way back and wouldn't you know, a 1947 d dime.

I forced this to happen. It may have been sheer force of will or an acute amount of perception or even raw determination. It could of been the Nox. I just don't know. What I do know was that I never act like that. It was the fact that the ball field turned out so bad it angered me. I mean the climb up there and someone already hit it long ago, soured me.

I planned for a hunt the next day but I told myself that I cancelled due to soreness. No that's a lie. I cancelled because I felt the next hunt would be unproductive. I think about how many miles my coil has covered and I think about how cleared it things are. I think, our hunting days are numbered.
Re: Strange hunt Saturday.I
April 23, 2018 03:52PM
You may feel that way today....tomorrow will differ its in our DNA.....