Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

A few comments comparing Deus 9" round LF coil vs round HF coil

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
A few comments comparing Deus 9" round LF coil vs round HF coil
April 24, 2018 02:49AM
I have been comparing these 2 coils both in test and on targets in the wild.
Some here may have been thinking the strength or added bonus of the round HF coil were the 2 highest bands of frequency added over the LF coil.
Well, not so fast.

My testing indicates there is high likelihood that anything the LF coil can hit separation wise using 18khz any other settings as far as a crippled target, the HF coil using 14.4khz stands a chance to hit and hit even better.
Testing indicates higher disc is allowed to be run using HF coil using 14.4khz vs disc setting on LF coil yet the HF coil is separating even better.
Longer tones provided on crippled targets can result.

Now YES the added freqs added band wise using round HF coil do add some benefits on separation and unmasking in and around iron.
One thing I am still unsure of though is how the use of 14.4khz (HF coil) compares to the 18khz band (LF coil) in higher mineral soil.

I can say the use of the 14.4khz band using HF coil can while using make the Deus a little hotter on higher conductors yet still be separating as good or better the the LF coil in 18khz band.

As far a testing goes, seems same test scenario testing reveals comparing the 2 coils HF coil at 14.4khz and LF at 18khz, the very same reactivty level settings yeild similar results, meaning I usually can't advance the HF coil using 14.4khz one level of reactivity level lower (slower) and it actually alert on nonferrous being testing in compromised scenarios.

I can however lower reactivty and get equivalent and sometimes better if I am using the mid range and higher freq bands on the round HF coil.

Disc level 10 believe it or not using round HF coil does pretty darn good. You try this with the LF coil you'll lose out on some targets in the wild for sure.

Just thought I would share.