Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Anyone using the Kruzer 1/4" headphone adapter cable?

Posted by pine3874 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Anyone using the Kruzer 1/4" headphone adapter cable?
April 23, 2018 03:11PM
I was told by someone that when using the Kruzer headphone adapter the volume is very low/weak. Has anyone using the adapter had this problem? Thanks
Re: Anyone using the Kruzer 1/4" headphone adapter cable?
April 23, 2018 05:19PM
I am using one on the Multi Kruzer.

Volume is fine for me...actually loud.

But I am using headphones with volume controls.

I can test using my older version Grey Ghosts without volume control and report back.

Wonder what headphones that person is using ?
April 23, 2018 07:15PM
therover61 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am using one on the Multi Kruzer.
>
> Volume is fine for me...actually loud.
>
> But I am using headphones with volume controls.
>
> I can test using my older version Grey Ghosts with
> out volume control and report back.
>
> Wonder what headphones that person is using ?

Thanks for the reply. Said he used various headphones with the same result.
April 23, 2018 10:23PM
therover61 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am using one on the Multi Kruzer.
>
> Volume is fine for me...actually loud.
>
> But I am using headphones with volume controls.
>
> I can test using my older version Grey Ghosts with
> out volume control and report back.
>
> Wonder what headphones that person is using ?

That's me, any headphone I have tried with the MMK headphone adapter using 8-600 ohm speakers produced a low volume with the Kruz volume at max. Its about half the volume of the Makro wireless headphones. It's usable volume. I made a wiring diagram of how the headphone adapter thru the M12 connector is wired. I wired up another M12 connector the same was as the adapter and tried more speakers and Piezos with no improvement. Now I do have a preproduction unit, with current version software, so it may not be an issue with production units. If others will check their Kruz with different headphones we would know for sure.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
April 25, 2018 03:50AM
I received my Kruzer last week and it came with the latest update(02) installed. Today I put a M12 connector on my Sunray Pro Gold headphones and tried them on my Kruzer. As Sven stated, the volume on the Kruzer is very low when using wired headphones especially when compared to when using the wireless headphones. When using the wireless headphones I can only set the Kruzer volume to 2(out of 10) before it gets too loud. Using the wired headphones I have to set the Kruzer volume to at least 7(out of 10) with the headphone volume set to max for it to be loud enough, and I could set it to 10 and it wouldn't be too loud. I have very good hearing, but anyone with a hearing problem would probably not be able to use wired headphones with the Kruzer. Hoping this is a firmware issue that can be corrected with an update and not a hardware issue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2018 04:00AM by pine3874.