Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deus Needs Smaller Search Coil To Compete With Tesoro Mojave

Posted by tabman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deus Needs Smaller Search Coil To Compete With Tesoro Mojave
May 28, 2018 09:43PM
About a 5 x 8 inch would be great! Video

tabman
Re: Deus Needs Smaller Search Coil To Compete With Tesoro Mojave
May 28, 2018 10:12PM
The Mighty Mojave! LOL. I would take a good Tesoro with a small concentric coil behind any of the top machines of today. If it's not been hit with a Tesoro it's not cleaned out and has lots of goodies left. I have every machine in that video except the Racer but have a Multi Kruzer and that video pretty much sums it all up.
May 29, 2018 03:30PM
If you're a relic hunter you'd be better off with the Tejon or Vaquero with the 5.75 inch concentric search coil attached than using the Nox or Deus with their large stock DD search coils. I like my Deus but I'm primarily a coin hunter. I can't wait to read how well the Nox does with the six inch search coil.

tabman
May 29, 2018 06:35PM
I think in that setting the Tesoro looks good, kinda like the Rutus with it's CC coil. For relic hunting i don't think i would consider using it personally, maybe ok on ploughed ground where the targets are near the surface, but defo not on old pastures where there deep.

tabman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you're a relic hunter you'd be better off with
> the Tejon or Vaquero with the 5.75 inch concent
> ric
search coil attached than using the Nox or
> Deus with their large stock DD search coils. I lik
> e my Deus but I'm primarily a coin hunter. I can't
> wait to read how well the Nox does with the six in
> ch search coil.
>
> tabman
May 29, 2018 08:16PM
Different tools for different scenarios. Out west here in the states where the rainfall is sporadic and dry, old homesteads, ghostowns, railroad camps you can literally see square nails and period trash laying on top the ground. Tesoros perform as good or better here than most high end machines. In really thick iron around old settlements their really hard to beat. VGG with super 6 coil is as close as I have found to their performance. Makro multi Kruzer with 7 in concentric also.
May 29, 2018 08:52PM
tabman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you're a relic hunter you'd be better off with
> the Tejon or Vaquero with the 5.75 inch concent
> ric
search coil attached than using the Nox or
> Deus with their large stock DD search coils. I lik
> e my Deus but I'm primarily a coin hunter. I can't
> wait to read how well the Nox does with the six in
> ch search coil.
>
> tabman

Yeah, if your are hunting relics or coins in a trashy site. Of course the smaller concentric coils are better than the larger DD coils. The larger DD coils will work better relic or coin hunting in a field or site where there is not a lot of trash. Anyone who spends 10 minutes reading about metal detector coils could come to that conclusion without even touching a detector. Pretty common knowledge in the hobby...
May 29, 2018 09:24PM
The Deus with a 5x8 would be great but I'd settle for a 6" round or even 7" round IF that's all they offered.

My 2 favorites at this moment are the Deus with 9" LF and the Multi-Kruzer with 7" Con. coils for thick iron work but I definitely wouldn't turn my nose up at a Vaq. or Tejon or modded Cibola with the 5.75 Con. for working iron either (been there/done that) a few times.

I like the Deus because of its audio and the depth it gets with the 9" and it's really good in thick iron for the coil size but I like the Kruzer too because of the 7" Con. coil which allows you to avoid diggin most of the rusty flat iron/tin and bottle cap junk -- its extremely good/tight separation -- PLUS -- gets decent depth for its size too. Put the stock coil on and it's crazy deep! Doubles as a great water hunting unit too thumbs down

Been wanting to try the VGG but I have too many detectors and not enough places to use them all as it is!

Waiting on FT to see what they bring to the table over the next yr/2 before I jump on anything else as I've got all bases covered = for now anyway thumbs down
May 30, 2018 12:09AM
It well illustrates that we need more than one metal detector. At least have one model that can use a Concentric coil. I've seen the Tesoro Compadre find things masked by any Minelab I had. Having a Tesoro (or Nokta) along with a Minelab (or Deus) should find most goodies.