Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Anyone here replaced their CTX 3030 LCD screen?

Posted by silverhound 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Anyone here replaced their CTX 3030 LCD screen?
July 21, 2018 02:34PM
My first run unit has a black spot on screen and ordered a generic replacement from China. Should be an interesting project. Any advice/tips appreciated.
Re: Anyone here replaced their CTX 3030 LCD screen?
July 21, 2018 03:41PM
Doesn't that have to be pressure tested after?
Or is it never going under water?
July 21, 2018 04:58PM
Im curious about this as well I have one I want to replace the screen on but can't find much info on it.
July 21, 2018 06:20PM
Please keep us posted on this and how the Chinese replacement works out. This is another area that Minelab has been disingenuous with the public after they made big promises that parts for their machines would be available to purchase and then they never followed through beyond creating a bogus catalog. If I remember right the parts are for sale to registered members and then they provide no way for someone to register or say it is currently closed.

It can't be rocket science to replace the lcd and I'm sure it would carry a $300 charge with Minelab.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2018 06:21PM by shoveler.
July 21, 2018 07:37PM
I had one that had a gray streak on it. I looked into getting it replaced two years ago. I was quoted 185, did not include shipping there or back.