Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

hunting trashy park with 6 inch coil on my equinox 800

Posted by maxxkatt 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
hunting trashy park with 6 inch coil on my equinox 800
July 21, 2018 08:12PM
Hunting a trashy park. will discriminate 22 and below.

I have read using discrimination will reduce the effective depth on the 800.

Is that true?

If so then i could just set two tone breaks with 1st tone break last position being 22 and set the volume and pitch lower for break one and both volume and pitch higher for the 23 and above. This should accomplish the same desired effect without affecting target depth.

Am I correct?
Re: hunting trashy park with 6 inch coil on my equinox 800
July 21, 2018 08:26PM
maxxkatt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hunting a trashy park. will discriminate 22 and be
> low.
>
> I have read using discrimination will reduce the e
> ffective depth on the 800.
>
> Is that true?
>
> If so then i could just set two tone breaks with 1
> st tone break last position being 22 and set the v
> olume and pitch lower for break one and both volu
> me and pitch higher for the 23 and above. This sho
> uld accomplish the same desired effect without aff
> ecting target depth.
>
> Am I correct?

Better to let things come through, assign tone with breaks. Using discrimination will cause “good stuff” to be chopped or maybe not heard at all.

Solo sitting using disc won’t hurt so much.
But you did say trashy place.

Also don’t forget, when a higher conductor is in close proximity to lower conductor(s), Nox might average. Hence you may not hear target at all. Ferrous in close proximity to high conductor will affect ID provided at times. Funny thing is Etrac does better in this dept (ID wise on these types higher conductor situations Vs Equinox. On lower like nickel range Nox beats out the etrac.

Running 22 disc in a trashy site stands a good chance of not pulling all the good stuff out of a site.

And using small Nox coil a lot of this is likely proportional vs using the stock coil in such a site. Meaning some finds you might latch on to using the smaller running such a high disc vs using the stock coil.

Look forward to your results.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2018 08:33PM by tnsharpshooter.