Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Whatever happened to "Critter Hunter"?

Posted by D&P-OR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Whatever happened to "Critter Hunter"?
July 24, 2018 05:17PM
Does anybody know?----He used to be a prolific poster here & a couple of other forums.----I heard once that he had a nervous break down (maybe about the time he left the forums).-----Does any one know that for a fact & if so, how he is doing by now (health wise)?
Re: Whatever happened to "Critter Hunter"?
July 24, 2018 05:23PM
Yeah, I remember him and it has been a good while since I, too, have seen a post by him. Didn't know him, but hope is is o k. HH jim tn
July 24, 2018 06:05PM
jim tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, I remember him and it has been a good while
> since I, too, have seen a post by him. Didn't know
> him, but hope is is o k. HH jim tn

I didn't know him either Jim but used to read some of his many posts.----He ran a Sovereign with 10X12 SEF & absolutely swore by it (as I recall).
July 24, 2018 06:11PM
Here is advanced search all posts authored here by critterhunter.
Enjoy.

[www.dankowskidetectors.com]
July 24, 2018 07:40PM
Yeah He was a diehard Sovereign user. He had His own forum somewhere or another? He also loved the Whites QXT-Pro.
July 24, 2018 09:00PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah He was a diehard Sovereign user. He had His o
> wn forum somewhere or another? He also loved the W
> hites QXT-Pro.

He had that Sovereign modified didn't he Harold?----He made it sound like that Sovereign/10X12 SEF was a killer combo.----Mostly beach hunted I guess.
July 24, 2018 09:53PM
Critterhunter did start his own forum metal detecting underground. He was fed up with the drama on other forums. The forum was made, so no one would be censored, they could speak their word on any given topic. Ended up with around 300 members, way way too many subforums. And not enough members to support them that would actually post. There was a lot of good Minelab Sovereign tips, how-to's and general info.
I became one of the moderators of that forum to keep the place alive. He took a leave of absence now and then which eventually became longer and longer. Think it had to do with some health issues. One popular drama queen took advantage of the situation, you know him well. Wasn't a pretty place. I believe I didn't have Admin privileges to make some one go away.......
Eventually Critter became an absent forum owner, I got sick of keeping things in check and bailed, think the other moderator bailed as well. At the time it was about a year since Critters last post. Forum was down to about 4 regulars posting. If I remember correctly spammers will getting past the registration process and infiltrating every subforum. Security of personal info was at risk...Came back one day for a visit and found the forum closed shop.

For those interested, Findmall has archived 296 pages of his posts
[www.findmall.com]

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
July 24, 2018 11:41PM
I remember he was an HVAC installer and out of work for a while. His posts were always long and his chops got busted a lot. I went on his forum a couple times, confusing for me and too many colors. lol
July 24, 2018 11:52PM
Don't know but his posts were interesting and long...unfortunately old timers are dying off or leaving the hobby due to age and health...wish him well if he is still around...
July 25, 2018 12:12AM
I often search older posts to find out more on vintage detectors. I did/do enjoy Critterhunters posts. It is kinda sad to see the older Members leaving or dying off. As someone in their 40s I do find it more difficult to keep up with some electronics, including some detectors....not to mention phones...lol